• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame 3.0 -The M Stays Alive!

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
During my googles looking up some info for another thread I found pics of what I thought were fake 2.0 glasses. Turns out Oakley's making a 3.0, likely staying an SI only release.

It looks good. The styling for the 2.0 felt a little off, but they took input from personnel (such as the member here who's a pilot who had to take the earsocks off) and made additional improvements to help slim the fit for wearing under helmet and radio sets. I definitely want a set to use for shooting and help keep my ear muffs as tightly sealed to my head as possible. I use a 2.0 frame with no rubber for this reason.

Also looks like they're redoing the cumbersome clip. I hope it's still removable.

And my favorite part, Crye liscensed MULTICAM!

Oakley Multicam Ballistic Eyewear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to ask this question here Ruspot, but i dont wanna make a whole new thread for this, and i figured id get a quick answer.

can someone retired from the National Guard still buy stuff from SI? if they got their retired ID and all that? My neighbor is retired and he can help me get stuff from there, i was wondering how cheap the shades are there?

From the website
The program is for active duty military, reserve, federal and local law enforcement, fire, EMS and those holding military retiree credentials.

So if he retired with credentials (not a discharge I believe?) he should be eligible.

They're pretty cheap. 50% MSRP in most cases, but they do sell items that aren't available at retail, mostly M Frame sets, goggles, etc.

The standard Gascan is $50 or $60.

From the website

So if he retired with credentials (not a discharge I believe?) he should be eligible.

They're pretty cheap. 50% MSRP in most cases, but they do sell items that aren't available at retail, mostly M Frame sets, goggles, etc.

The standard Gascan is $50 or $60.

thank you, yea hes been retired for a long time (wasnt discharged or anything) my neighbor is 70+ yrs old. i dont know his exact age cause i never asked him, but i known his for a looong time

Here's the site I found, includes an interview with an Oakley military rep, talking about a few SI items.

Oakley updates the M-Frame to 3.0 | Military Times GearScout

Forgot to add;

The other pair they mention in the review is an Eye Safety Systems (ESS) Crossbow model called the Suppressor, made to use with hearing protection. ESS was bought by Oakley in '06, not sure how that works with Oakley owning one of their top competitors in the ballistic-eyewear segment.

Latest Posts

Back