• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Just an update: I got the M Frame 3.0 Hybrid Vented lens and went out to test them on my bike and while running. The way Oakley cut these vents was weird, all of them are completely visible below the frame. So when I'm in the attack position on the bike, the vents are in my view and the airflow gets in my eyes. But for running, they are up and out of the way especially if I wear a hat. This has me curious, and I plan to try out the M Frame Alpha.
MFRAME3V.jpg

Thought I'd give an update on the M Frame 3.0 vented Hybrid lens (see above for photo). I biked with them on my normal route, and luckily it was hot and humid (100% humidity). It had rained hard just a few hours ago, so the hot sun is boiling off the moisture, which makes it hot and muggy to the extreme, but there was decent wind for airflow.

The vents do get in the way, but if I'm focusing on the road ahead, the vents aren't as noticeable and feel like raindrops or sweat drops that won't clear away the lens. One good thing about M Frame 2.0/3.0 is that the lenses are taller on the bridge area, so they can be used for cycling (My favorite Hybrid S lens for the 1999 M Frame has too short of a bridge, so the frame is in my way in attack mode) like the Radar EV Path.

But the amount of airflow was amazing. It was pushing away a lot of the sweat from my eyes/cheeks/face. The Radar EV Path vents well, but still feels hot from time to time (and like I said before during cooler humid races, they still fog up) whereas this vented lens did the trick.

I'm now very curious as to how well the M Frame Alpha vents compared to the vented Hybrid lens.

Wonder how can easily get Oakley SI on internet knowing that the official Oakley page just sells it to Military or Law enforcement workers.

Latest Posts

Back