• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame Ballistic replacement lenses?!?

Jake212197

Oakley Beginner
Just bought these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B5CNHCE/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

I cannot find any polarized replacement lenses for these things. And to me look the exact same as the SI ballistic lenes. I dont care about ANSI ratings just need the frames to be stamped ANSI cause the safety man at work wont get off my A$$ about my crankshafts that I wear to work. Hes to stupid to check the lens for the stamp so ill just slam the frames in his face and walk away lol. Anyway I went on Revants website and couldnt find any that would fit my frames but maybe I searched wrong just seems weird that NO ONE else makes a decent pair of polarized replacements...

If anyone can dig up and anything and would let me know it would be much appreciated!!!!

Last edited:
You're talking about safety eyewear, an employer that cares enough to actually check to ensure your glasses are rated, and you want to bypass the system?

In my opinion you may want to rethink that stance. Losing an eye isn't worth.... well I was going to say looking good, but there's really not a price to having two working eyes.

Stick with OEM. At least you know Oakley lenses are made specifically to be impact resistant. Any retail M Frame lens will work for your application, the trouble being that M Frame lens options from the factory are severely limited nowadays. Thankfully the M Frame carried Z87 ratings when it was in production, the Industrial and Ballistic/SI models specifically label Z87 on the lens and frames for situations like you're in where the marking is being checked and the website description isn't good enough.

I will stress again; stick with OEM. The unit does not carry certification with an aftermarket lens. I'd be hesitant to use a lens from a third party, not that I mean to offend, but we have no real way of verifying any claims they make, and they have no real skin in the game since the Z87 rating can only be on a glasses system and not a lens - there's no way for them to mark it rated (I believe the Z80.3 standard comes into play in that instance, but it's not accepted where Z87 standards are required).

Latest Posts

Back