• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame compatibility chart

lxndrball

Oakley Beginner
I have quite a few M-Frame lenses in various shapes and colors, a M-Frame Pro frame, and an SI M 2.0 frame. I haven't used them for a while since my prescription changed. I happened upon a solution to put my M-Frames back into action. ESS sells an oakley adapter for their behind-the-lens prescription adapter. I purchased two (for different prescription uses), quickly checked that they would work, and took them down to my optician to have the prescription lenses installed. A quick check suggested that the nose piece adapter would work. But later I realized that it does not fit. At some point in time Oakley moved the lens retaining tabs up the lens. Oakley currently has a sale so I purchased a new lens. The ESS nose piece adapter fits the new lens. However, the new lens does not fit any of my frames! In addition to the nose piece compatibility issue, the ends of the lens that fit into the frames notches are different and this lens does not fit either of my frames. The new lens may be slightly wider as well. Despite numerous posts on the internet suggesting that there is wide compatibility between the three parts of the system: 1. frame, 2. lens, 3. nosepiece among Gen 1, 2, and 3, this is not the case. There are a lot of differences. I have looked for videos and webpages for a comprehensive list of compatibility but most are incomplete and/or misleading. Does anyone in this forum have a resource that could help?

WELCOME!!!
Screenshot_20211115-151900_Gallery.jpg

From M Frame
”The SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 and 3.0 both used the older New Hybrid and Strike lenses, but labeled as 'Aggro' variants. They had a hole drilled into the nose bridge where a clip was used to hold them in place. Outside of SI, the M2 was released and would physically hold the older M Frame lenses, but came with its own shape and was not designed to be backwards compatible. Finally the M Frame Alpha introduced another new lens shape with its own locking technology, and was compatible only with the Halo Goggle as part of the Alpha Eco-system.”

From M Frame
”The SI Ballistic M Frame 2.0 and 3.0 both used the older New Hybrid and Strike lenses, but labeled as 'Aggro' variants. They had a hole drilled into the nose bridge where a clip was used to hold them in place. Outside of SI, the M2 was released and would physically hold the older M Frame lenses, but came with its own shape and was not designed to be backwards compatible. Finally the M Frame Alpha introduced another new lens shape with its own locking technology, and was compatible only with the Halo Goggle as part of the Alpha Eco-system.”
Thanks. There are actually two issues related to finding a prescription solution to M frames. Not only do the new M frame lenses not fit the Oakley M Frame Pro, or the SI Ballistic 2.0 Frame, but at some point Oakley made a change in the location of the nosepiece tabs. For anyone looking for M frame compatibility this would not be an issue because the lens comes with its own nosepiece. However, these nosepieces are not compatible across M Frame lenses due to this change. If you are looking for a prescription solution to be able to use M Frames, the adapters attach to the nose piece. As stated above, I have two frames, numerous 'normal' lenses that fits both, and a new lens. The nose adapter will not fit the older lenses but will fit the new lens. The new lens does not fit either frame.

Screen Shot 2021-11-22 at 7.07.16 PM.png

Has anyone else tried this? I just bought a "M-Frame" Grey Strike shaped lenses. Turns out it's a Ballistic M Frame Grey strike lens upon closer inspection. I'm hoping they will fit into the original M-Frame I bought online that must be 12 years old or more. Nose pad did come installed on the Ballistic M Frame strike lenses, so I'm not worried about pad compatibility. But do want to see if anyone has put ballistic lenses in a regular M-Frame /CAH
@M Frame Boss

Has anyone else tried this? I just bought a "M-Frame" Grey Strike shaped lenses. Turns out it's a Ballistic M Frame Grey strike lens upon closer inspection. I'm hoping they will fit into the original M-Frame I bought online that must be 12 years old or more. Nose pad did come installed on the Ballistic M Frame strike lenses, so I'm not worried about pad compatibility. But do want to see if anyone has put ballistic lenses in a regular M-Frame /CAH
@M Frame Boss
Hi everyone I'm late to this party lol. I have not tried to put the 2.0 or 3.0 si m frame lens into any of my other m frames. My knowledge is mostly with the 1st and 2nd Gen M's. The 1st Gen M lens will fit in a 2nd Gen but will fit loose and want to fall out. The 2nd Gen M Frame lens going into a 1st Gen M Frame stresses the frame and will cause cracks which the early o-matter was prone to.
I do have the M2 and the lens shape is completely different but I remember a forum member cut the lens slightly too accommodate the new and pro m frame. I have used @Revant Optics
in my new and pro m frames without any issues.

Not sure if this helps y'all or confused you more haha.

Hi everyone I'm late to this party lol. I have not tried to put the 2.0 or 3.0 si m frame lens into any of my other m frames. My knowledge is mostly with the 1st and 2nd Gen M's. The 1st Gen M lens will fit in a 2nd Gen but will fit loose and want to fall out. The 2nd Gen M Frame lens going into a 1st Gen M Frame stresses the frame and will cause cracks which the early o-matter was prone to.
I do have the M2 and the lens shape is completely different but I remember a forum member cut the lens slightly too accommodate the new and pro m frame. I have used @Revant Optics
in my new and pro m frames without any issues.

Not sure if this helps y'all or confused you more haha.
Totally helps. Just doesn't answer if the Ballistic M frame lenses fit into the 2nd Gen M or Pro M. That's what i need to find out. I will update here soon. Probably within the week.

Lenses are compatible across the 1,2 and 3rd gen m frames
The only difference is the SI and possibly ballistic frames

Naturally you may find slight variances on fit due to the huge time span in which lenses were produced, for example you may find a gen 1/2 lense is a little lose on a gen 3 frame or a gen 3 lense may be super tight or may not fit into a gen 1.

Back