• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M-Frame/Monster Dog Discontinued

Monster Dogs are my favorite. They are just so comfortable to wear. They are my go to pair ever since.

Hmmm. I am having deja vu.

Wasn't it mooted that the MD was on the way out ages ago? We've discussed this before - and yet it stuck around (probably because everyone at OF went out panic buying and kept them alive).

So I ask the question - are we REALLY sure this time?
Just because one O-Store is shifting colorways of some frames to Vaults surely doesn't mean that that frame is being discontinued. Vaults are full of all kinds of frames.

Before we all panic (again) does anyone actually have definitive Oakley advice that these frames are for the chop?

Hmmm. I am having deja vu.

Wasn't it mooted that the MD was on the way out ages ago? We've discussed this before - and yet it stuck around (probably because everyone at OF went out panic buying and kept them alive).

So I ask the question - are we REALLY sure this time?
Just because one O-Store is shifting colorways of some frames to Vaults surely doesn't mean that that frame is being discontinued. Vaults are full of all kinds of frames.

Before we all panic (again) does anyone actually have definitive Oakley advice that these frames are for the chop?

I was told they were being discontinued 2 & a half years ago when i was i the O store & vault in Orlando.

Yeah, mate. That's exactly what I mean.
And we all panicked then.

Until I get something more from the horse's mouth, I'm not convinced.
Like many in here, I have learned to take the tales of Oakley Reps etc with somewhat of a pinch of salt, as it can just be rumour, even internally within the business.

Anyone know anything more definite?

Yeah, mate. That's exactly what I mean.
And we all panicked then.

Until I get something more from the horse's mouth, I'm not convinced.
Like many in here, I have learned to take the tales of Oakley Reps etc with somewhat of a pinch of salt, as it can just be rumour, even internally within the business.

Anyone know anything more definite?

True, true. I suppose the first step was to pull some of the colorway from the OCP which would have indicated they were stopping production. I was still able to buy just the frames from Oakley UK last year. It will be very interesting to see what does happen on the Doggie front. I might have to build more kennels.

I've found recently that colorways come and go on OCP - obviously depending on where stock is - and I only really look at a few frame types.
So I don't think that can be used as an accurate decision-making instrument either.

Might be time for me to grab another pair of M Frames, they are perfect to ride in. I hope its just a rumore and that they will still be around.

Latest Posts

Back