• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame Only Purchase Possible?

Serrata

Oakley Beginner
Hi I found this forum because I was searching for M frames...only...
I bought a pair of M-frames with prescription inserts around the mid 1990's from my optometrist when I lived in South Africa...
I now live in New Zealand...
My frame has at least two cracks in the right hand segment above the lens, and the lens itself has a crack on the lower portion, but with a bit of CF and skill, and I will join it back together to hold the lens in place...

Soooo, I want to find our if M-frames are available on their own?
I can show pics of my black Iridium Mumbos to show you what I mean?
BTW...I could find no obvious place in the Oakley website to ask this question...

Hang out for a few days here and meet the guidelines to post in the exchange. Im sure there are some members willing to help. When you get a chance post up some pics of your old pair, curious to see what they look like. I have quite a few M frame RX lenses.

So on my dealer site it is actually still listed where I can buy only the frame however nearly all colors are on backorder. My rep tells me when a discontinued frame is on backorder don't expect to ever get it again. However, they are showing some stock still available in both a red frame and a yellow frame.

Buy both, combine them, become a McDonalds Manager.

Thanks for the answers, folks...
Since I first posted, I zipped around this site, and was blown away by the info...
It appears that I have a first Gen M-frame...ah well...
I will clean out the cracks in the frame and glue the cracks in the frame and see how they hold up?
The lens will require a bit more work, but hey, it can be a Steampunk mod...:cool-20:

So on my dealer site it is actually still listed where I can buy only the frame however nearly all colors are on backorder. My rep tells me when a discontinued frame is on backorder don't expect to ever get it again. However, they are showing some stock still available in both a red frame and a yellow frame.

Buy both, combine them, become a McDonalds Manager.

Will these frames be First Gen by any chance?
I will do pics in a short while...

Thanks for the help folks...it looks like a lifetime warrantee is dependent on the parts being available?
We live and learn...:mad:
I will do the steampunk thing...

Back