• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M frame replacement? Radar EV? Time to move on..

Mcm308

I should Work at Oakley
NJ USA
Ive been wearing M frames for 25 years. Its time to move on to a new frame. Im tired of scrounging ebay for stuff. The Radar EV caught my eye and looks like the fitment is similar to the tried and true m frame. Can any users who made a switch from the M frame to Radar describe if its similar or what other frames are similar? Does the Radar have different lens shape options like the M frame and such? Just want some input here before I do something. Thanks

Just went to the website and see an M2 frame, Interesting. Looks like my choices are..
M2 frame
Radar EV
Radar lock

And only two lens shapes.

The M2 and Radar EV are very similar. I went with the Radar because of the vents in the top of the lens. My ballistic glasses are ESS, but if those wear out I'll likely go with Oakley M3 simply because the lenses and parts are a little easier to get.

The M2 and Radar EV are very similar. I went with the Radar because of the vents in the top of the lens. My ballistic glasses are ESS, but if those wear out I'll likely go with Oakley M3 simply because the lenses and parts are a little easier to get.

SI M3 is a very good frame and was my favourite amongst all m-frames. However, they're not normally available to general public, lens options are limited, and lens swaps are a real pain in the back side. They're designed to keep your eyes safe and it excels in that regards as the whole unit is Z89 ballistic rated

SI M3 is a very good frame and was my favourite amongst all m-frames. However, they're not normally available to general public, lens options are limited, and lens swaps are a real pain in the back side. They're designed to keep your eyes safe and it excels in that regards as the whole unit is Z89 ballistic rated
Good to hear more positive reviews of M3. I have an SI account, but so far only have Flak Jacket for everyday wear. I got the ESS glasses through them as well because they're ballistic rated, but can still pass as casual wear sunglasses.

I was looking at the Alpha frame, but honestly the most important factor in a ballistic eyepro for me is easy to find parts and lenses. The M2/3 is ubiquitous. While doing PT though, the vents in the Radar EV lenses will help a lot.

Im going to order a set of the Radar EV. I also like the vents. I wear my M frames all day and for eye protection. I work outdoors and can be rough with them. Once a lens gets scratched enough, its got to go and that can happen sometimes often. I broke a frame the other day and the lenses in them were kind of done anyway. I still have a couple frames and lenses. Usually when my lens stock gets low, I'll start eyeballing ebay and buy a few at a time which I still will do. But its time to buy something new from the custom shop. Thanks for the replies

I wish you good luck. Been wearing M's for nearly 25 years as well and can't seem to move on. Really hoped the Radar's would be a nice fit but they don't look good on me. Tried the M2 and it was a failure for me as well. My face isn't big enough to pull off the look. There's at least 1 member on here that can cut M2 lenses to fit the M. I haven't had any done yet but I've seen the results and I think they look great.

Back