• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal M-Frame: VR28 Blue, +Red, Ice Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

On the search for some M-Frame lenses

VR28 Blue Iridium
- New Hybrid | Sweep | Heater | Gen.2 Hybrid

G30 Iridium
- New Hybrid | Heater

Fire Iridium
- New Hybrid | Sweep | Heater | Gen.2 Hybrid

Polarized Gold Iridium
- Heater

+Red (FOUND)
Ice Iridium (FOUND)

Condition wise want it to be good/usable, but doesn't need to be mint some wear is alright.
Thanks

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
I got an ice heater im not using. Which type of m frame is it for?

Username Hidden said:
I got an ice heater im not using. Which type of m frame is it for?
New Gen, although might put it in M2 as well... is there a difference in cuts between Gens?

Username Hidden said:
New Gen, although might put it in M2 as well... is there a difference in cuts between Gens?

O ya. M2s is arent compatible with anything else. 1st gen and 2nd gen mumbos will work with eachother. New M and Pro M will work with eachother

Username Hidden said:
O ya. M2s is arent compatible with anything else. 1st gen and 2nd gen mumbos will work with eachother. New M and Pro M will work with eachother
How does one tell which model the lens originally came from?
As in what feature or markings, if any would the;
Mumbo/M-Frame Gen.1/Gen.2 Lens have
vs
New M-Frame/Pro M-Frame Lens have

Since I have no issue putting M-Frame lenses into a M2 Frame, I've put a heater/strike/sweep so far they go in without any effort...
Now putting a M2 lens into a M-Frame, well that's a different story but it's doable without cutting but not for the faint hearted... as you have a 50/50 chance of getting it done.

42909296_275826306591636_2086120320665649152_n.jpg 42937143_314964002647498_3649595532894011392_n.jpg

Username Hidden said:
How does one tell which model the lens originally came from? As in what feature or markings, if any would a;
Mumbo/M-Frame Gen.1/Gen.2 Lens have
vs
New M-Frame/Pro M-Frame Lens have

Since I have no issue putting M-Frame lenses into a M2 Frame, I've put a heater/strike/sweep so far...
Now putting a M2 lens into a M-Frame, well that's a different story but it's doable without cutting but not for the faint hearted...

View attachment 533643 View attachment 533644

What i said about the M2 is just what ive been told. Ive never used an M2 so thats not coming from first hand experience on my part.

I do know from first hand experience that the gen 1/2 mumbo lenses are smaller than the new/pro m frame and will just fall right out if you try to put them in. Im not sure if a new/pro can be jammed into a gen 1/2 mumbo but i wouldnt try since the frames are so delicate

But i do know that the ice heater i have just laying around is from a New M Frame

Username Hidden said:
What i said about the M2 is just what ive been told. Ive never used an M2 so thats not coming from first hand experience on my part.

I do know from first hand experience that the gen 1/2 mumbo lenses are smaller than the new/pro m frame and will just fall right out if you try to put them in. Im not sure if a new/pro can be jammed into a gen 1/2 mumbo but i wouldnt try sincr the frames are so delicate
M2 will take anything from the older M-Frame lenses, I've read this and seen it first hand (duh)... As far as Jamming a M2 into a M-Frame without cutting it's a gamble, 50/50 of breaking the lens if done wrong - hence my choice of using a beater crystal frame when I first tried it, so I could see what I was doing when jamming it in there.

When you say Mumbo is smaller, are you talking in width from edge to edge? As in one side will hook while the other side will not - if so then I guess thats the issue I have with the pictured +Red heater, it'll fit my M2 but it's as though too short for my New Gen M-Frame :-(

Username Hidden said:
M2 will take anything from the older M-Frame lenses, I've read this and seen it first hand (duh)... As far as Jamming a M2 into a M-Frame without cutting it's a gamble, 50/50 of breaking the lens if done wrong - hence my choice of using a beater crystal frame when I first tried it, so I could see what I was doing when jamming it in there.

Smaller in width size? As in one side will hook while the other side will not - if so then I guess thats the issue I have with the pictured +Red heater, it'll fit my M2 but it's as though too short for my New Gen M-Frame :-(

Exactly. It must be a 1st/2nd gen

Anyways...i got an ice heater. If you want it PM me:D

Status
Not open for further replies.