• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying M Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hey everybody! I'm looking for an M frame for my brother. He says he wants a Strike M frame for running. I'll not an M frame guy and know little to nothing about them. He wants to be able to switch out lenses so I guess I need something he can still get lenses for easily. Let me know what you have or recommend!

Some people reacted to this post.
Get lenses easily? Get an M2 XL.

The lenses resemble a strike also.

Username Hidden said:
Get lenses easily? Get an M2 XL.

The lenses resemble a strike also.
Thank you! That helps!

What lens tint are you looking for?

M2 lenses will be easier to source and you will also get the Prizm lenses to choose from. However, M Frame is a much better frame and there is no comparison in my opinion. You can still get lenses here and ebay. The M Frame was in production for a very long time, lots of lenses out there.

Username Hidden said:
Thank you! That helps!

You could buy an oakley m frame and then get cheap after market lenses, but that would be a sin. You would get banished to Antarctica.

Username Hidden said:

M2 lenses will be easier to source and you will also get the Prizm lenses to choose from. However, M Frame is a much better frame and there is no comparison in my opinion. You can still get lenses here and ebay. The M Frame was in production for a very long time, lots of lenses out there.

This!

Username Hidden said:

Username Hidden said:
You could buy an oakley m frame and then get cheap after market lenses, but that would be a sin. You would get banished to Antarctica.

Great info! I'll have him take a look at both frames. I sent him a pic of the M2 and I think he liked that frame. I certainly don't want to be banished to Antarctica so he will probably want to stick to OEM lenses. As far as lens colors it sounds like he wants Black but he mentioned putting clear lenses in them as well.

Username Hidden said:
Great info! I'll have him take a look at both frames. I sent him a pic of the M2 and I think he liked that frame. I certainly don't want to be banished to Antarctica so he will probably want to stick to OEM lenses. As far as lens colors it sounds like he wants Black but he mentioned putting clear lenses in them as well.

I always preferred the new m frame. It was the first m frame i bought and have had them for over a decade so maybe i'm biased. Plus the heater lens is the best. That actually might be better and then get a lens that is used but still good to run in and buy one that's mint.

The M2 is what I usually wear just because the lenses are readily available. It is still comfortable though.

Username Hidden said:

Black and Clear should be relatively easy to find, especially in Strike, if he decides to go with the New M Frame. Oakley.com and OakleySI.com still sold the Industrial/Ballistic M Frame not too long ago but it is not coming up on a search now.

Username Hidden said:
Black and Clear should be relatively easy to find, especially in Strike, if he decides to go with the New M Frame. Oakley.com and OakleySI.com still sold the Industrial/Ballistic M Frame not too long ago but it is not coming up on a search now.
Yeah don’t see them online but have seen them all over in the oakley stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back