• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M-Frames?

s3sunruh

Oakley Expert
Casper WY
I've got a potential local deal. They are just a polished black frame but he has two mint lenses for it: Heater and Strike both in Black iridium (favorite color lens for sure). He wants 140 but he would be willing to take 120 because he has been trying to sell them for a while. Good one to hop on to? I am partial to my radars with the range lens and am not sure how the look will suit me. Opinions?

Heater is better than Range, in my opinion. It has better height and a more ergonomic fit that hugs and wraps the face a little better. It does contact my face more. My one complaint about the Heater is the small gap toward the outsides in the upper corners, I wish it was a bit more full cut in this area.

I like the M Frame a lot more than the Radar, I generally wear the Heater and Range lenses. I also have several Strike lenses and they're not quite as tall, but still quite generous in the coverage. Radar Pitch might have the Strike beat, but I don't like the "wobbly" fit of the Radar as much and the lines of the Pitch look too soft since they lack cheek scallops and flares in the outside corners.

The price is decent if everything is in new condition. I wouldn't want one frame with two identical tints unless you're planning on one being a hard-use and the other swapped for general wearing. A like new lens is worth about $50, a new frame is maybe $60, so you'd be looking at at least $150 to put together the set yourself.

Just be wary of the Heater forming stress cracks in the thinnest area where it hooks up to the frame. I've had a couple black iridium polarized crack there.

If you like the frame color and it comes with a case I'd go for it.

Tried them on... didn't do me justice at all. I mean I know that It's okay to look goofy working out, but it wasn't for me. I appreciate the feedback though Rustpot! The M-frames were just not meant to be.

I wasn't sold on M Frames but I got a pair for the firefighter academy and I haven't looked back. They sit in my jeep and are a backup pair but I use them a lot. Great clarity and versatile. M Frames get a thumbs up in my book. Is there anything specific you'll use 'em for?

I was going to use them for running and maybe just to wear around like I do with all of my glasses. But I decided against it and found a pair of racing jackets for less than he was asking for. So went with those instead.

Back