• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M2 Asian Fit differences

DKO

Oakley Enthusiast
626, SGV, CA
So i think i have most of my answers from alot of searching but I'm trying to see if i understand all of the M2 Asian Fit differences.

The frame is the same frame as non-asian fit. No size or curve differences.
Therefore the lenses for M2 asian and non-asian are interchangeable.
The only difference is the lens cut. The asian fit is cut higher above the cheeks.
There is no asian fit specific M2 nosepad. There is only one. And interchangeable.
Old MFrame lenses fit inside the new M2 non-asian fit and asian fit pretty well. But not the reverse. No M2 lenses in old Mframes.
Am I missing anything or incorrect?
Thanks to Rustspot and his master thread. I just wanted a thread regarding the Asian fit M2.

Almost certain that's all correct.

Only thing I don't know 100% firsthand is if there's a frame difference. I'm pretty sure they are the same, though. The M2 as it is isn't the tightest of fits. I can't imagine something wider.

So i think i have most of my answers from alot of searching but I'm trying to see if i understand all of the M2 Asian Fit differences.

The frame is the same frame as non-asian fit. No size or curve differences.
Therefore the lenses for M2 asian and non-asian are interchangeable.
The only difference is the lens cut. The asian fit is cut higher above the cheeks.
There is no asian fit specific M2 nosepad. There is only one. And interchangeable.
Old MFrame lenses fit inside the new M2 non-asian fit and asian fit pretty well. But not the reverse. No M2 lenses in old Mframes.
Am I missing anything or incorrect?
Thanks to Rustspot and his master thread. I just wanted a thread regarding the Asian fit M2.

Actually you can fit an untrim M2 lens into a M1 frame, i have done it a couple of times. But its not advisable since it would require ALOT of force and strength to push it in.... but even then its a 50 - 50 success rate. The sound it makes when you pop out the lens can be quite frightening :)

In another attempt, I trimmed the corners of the M2 lens so it would fit better. However the M2 lens is more curved then M1 frame at the top....so its not a perfect fit.... but it will stay in place... and its easier to remove.

Hope that helps. Although until now, I cannot figure out how to swap out the wings on the M2... so if you do figure it out, please let me know.

Back