• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mad/Badman not X-Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt42

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
UK
Ok - i'm going to stick my neck out here and start a new Mad/Badman thread....

Have they stealthily been reclassified by Oakley as wires because that is where they are now listed.

Just done a Google search and the only place I could find that classes the Mad/Badman as X-Metal was o-review...

shadestation.co.uk don't mention X-Metal in their description anymore, either.

I just got an email from Oakley this week advertising the Ferrari versions of the madman and badman. It clearly called them x-metals.

Also, on the website, the pulldown list under "men" has a "featured" list including "x-metal", which takes you to all the mad/badmans.

:(

But yes, in the sunglasses categories, they're grouped under wires; there's no separate category for x-metals. I don't think that's new.

if you go men/x-metal then click on any mad/badman models the path (shown above where it shows $150 off your next purchase) states that it is a wire.

that, to me, puts it to bed - they are officialy wires!!!!

This is just me but maybe oakley reclassified it as wires on preparation for another line they will label as xmetals with higher price tag?

i'm really divided on the madman/badman thing.
regarding design and detailing i think they are a nice bit of kit
i would put them above wire models in the food chain
i think the current online discounted pricing is about right

I think they're using wire as a catch-all category for metal (or at least partially metal) frames.

Here's a shot of that email I got, BTW...

ferrari email.png

Ok - i'm going to stick my neck out here and start a new Mad/Badman thread....

Have they stealthily been reclassified by Oakley as wires because that is where they are now listed.

Just done a Google search and the only place I could find that classes the Mad/Badman as X-Metal was o-review...

shadestation.co.uk don't mention X-Metal in their description anymore, either.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back