• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Made My First Ever Trip To A Oakley Store Today!

Coolluke

Oakley Beginner
Guys I live in New Orleans. Here we have Sunglass Huts but no Oakley Store or Oakley Vaults. I've never seen an X-Metal sold anywhere in New Orleans. I'm told New Orleans used to have an Oakley Store before Hurricane katrina-but it has been gone since then.
So today I'm working in Baton Rouge to help out a fellow employee and I finished early. On the way home I decided to stop at the Mall of Louisiana. And what do I find....an Oakley Store!. To me Sunglass Hut is like the bland black and white portion of the Wizard of Oz and the Oakley Store is like when that door is opened to all the color of Oz. I saw a helluva lot of stuff I've only seen in pictures. Tried on the Infinite Hero Juliet-NICE! Only bad part is that its 70 miles from New Orleans-looks like I'll be making some road trips. So what did I learn......boy Sunglass Hut's selection sucks!

Honestly after looking at what I saw today I really think Sunglasshut is missing the boat. Shelf after shelf of Black frames and black lenses. I 'm mean its pretty bad when the only Frogskins they carry are black frame and lenses

Wow, that must have been sensory overload! Glad you had a great time, nothing like shopping in a O Store.

Unfortunately Sunglass Hut will never carry the full line of Oakley sunglasses, I remember a long, long time ago they once did. There was a small falling out and now their Oakley selection very is limited. The last few years or so SGH has had some exclusives (years ago Emerald Iridium was an SGH exclusive) so the relationship with Oakley seems to be getting better, but with the O Stores and Vaults I doubt the selection at SGH will ever get better.

I will not go back to a Sunglass hut. They don't give you a box whe. You buy your glasses and they are always off the shelf. I have a authorized delear near me that has everything Oakley. I don't have an O store near me though. Closest is about 2:30 hours away.

Back