• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman/Badman not entirely metal (reasons to be thankful)

I know this is an old dead thread but it is probably the correct one to be asking this question in?
Did Oakley do a Fact Sheet or press release about Madman/Badman and them being X-Metal?

I think I saw something early on about it but not much since I've gone looking. Also, does anyone know where these are made? I really miss the 'Made in USA' on all my Oakley's and I'm damn sure my BadMan's are not that if the box simply has Designed, Engineered By Oakley. Assembled in U.S.

Just wondering...

Tried these on at local SGH. Very light. Didn't feel like metal even.

Definitely a bit wide for even my big head, too. Hope something a bit sportier comes out because I loved the plasma sapphire combo.

Definitely made in China. Assembled and designed in usa meams not manufactured in usa. Just like apple whos products are designed in california. Lol

Word of warning: Take extra care with your new X-metals! Friend of mine tried customising his Badman by swapping lenses... next thing he knew the aluminum frame snapped at the nose bridge orbital. X-metal disappointment big time. I warned him aluminium frames are brittle as hell and nothing like old x-metals....

DSC_3313.jpg

DSC_3309.jpg

Did he take them apart or just try to muscle a lens into a metal frame?

He unscrewed the torx @ top nose bridge and gently lifted it up to free some room to pop out the lens like with all the old metals. Apparently the strength he was accustomed to with the old metals (ie. muscle memory) was incompatible with the new metals. Next thing he knew the thing snapped at the lower nose bridge as that's the thinnest strip of Alu connecting to the o-matter nose bridge.

I'm just grateful I spent my money on old metals than the new ones :)

Back