• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman Raw first impression: Underwhelming

scipio9

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Champaign
I just received in the mail my new X-metals. Madman Raw and Badman. Maybe I expected more. The Badman feels more plastic than metal. They are very light and comfortable though. The Raw looks and feels more metal and seems a bit heavier than the Badman but I cannot see myself wearing them. The Madman is destined for the shelf but I will be wearing the Badman without a doubt. In hindsight I should have gotten the Ruby lenses on the Badman. Maybe next month...
WP_20150225_18_16_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20150225_18_08_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20150225_18_17_17_Pro.jpg

How do you like the fit of the Madman? I have one coming in the mail, but I keep hearing that they don't fit well. I don't have a large head so I a worried they won't stay put.

They fit comfortably but they ride kinda high on my nose bridge relative to what I'm accustomed to. They definitely aren't wide enough and leave my peripheral vision unprotected. They are smaller than my Mars. To me, the madman is a novelty item and not practical for every day wear. They have yet to grow on me.

They fit comfortably but they ride kinda high on my nose bridge relative to what I'm accustomed to. They definitely aren't wide enough and leave my peripheral vision unprotected. They are smaller than my Mars. To me, the madman is a novelty item and not practical for every day wear. They have yet to grow on me.
When you say "smaller" you mean the lenses or how they fit your head? I have Juliets that fit just right for me.

the frame is small hence the lenses are smaller. I have a big head and they don't fit me right. As you see in the pictures they fit just right on my 6 year old.

the frame is small hence the lenses are smaller. I have a big head and they don't fit me right. As you see in the pictures they fit just right on my 6 year old.
Yea she is enjoying them! :grin: Maybe they will fit me just right :lolsign:

Congratulations on the raw piece a very overated item in my opinion does not justify 1k price but a definite collectors item.

I just got mine! They fit ok, but not as tight as my juliets. I guess I have a narrow face because the lenses cover my eyes ok. I don't think they look great on me, but I like them. It is odd how I can easily see my eyes when I look at myself in the mirror.

I agree pjd1234. They are overpriced. As an X-metal collector I felt a need to buy them. The way I see it I paid $1109 for the serial number. I got them from the Oakley website and it took a week to ship them after the order got canceled and then reinstated. I was nonchalant about the whole process as I would have liked to get them but wasn't too excited as I had already seen them at the Sunglass Hut the day before. I have to say that the Raw version feels more like an X-metal than the normal finished ones. It's not like I am ever going to wear them anyway. The non-Raw X-metals don't even have the same feel as the old X-metals. The metal feels more plasticky than metal. I am elated that Oakley decided to bring the X-metal line to life again though and I am looking forward to more great things to come in the future.

Congratulations raxx. They cover my eyes too but its just the peripheral vision or the side vision that is left uncovered. Given the unusual design can you see yourself wearing them on a regular basis?

Latest Posts

Back