• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman Raw first impression: Underwhelming

Congratulations raxx. They cover my eyes too but its just the peripheral vision or the side vision that is left uncovered. Given the unusual design can you see yourself wearing them on a regular basis?
I can see myself wearing them while driving or walking around outside, but not in a downtown public area. I do like how they look in general, but I like the look of the juliets more. However, I don't regret buying them one bit.

Thanks Yoshida. The Madman is probably one of the most comfortable and most attractive sunglasses I have ever worn. I am doubting myself whether I should have gotten the ruby lenses instead

So I drove to work in these madmans and I really like the polarized lenses. I don't think I have owned a pair of polarized lenses before. The rubber on the nose bridge did grip more as I wore them so the potential for sliding down my face wasn't an issue. I did get a few odd looks from other drivers and I am ok with that :p

I used to think the Indy pit boss was a rip off, getting a regular PB for double the money, but Oakley really took the cake with this one, charging 600 for an aluminum bank teller tube.

I used to think the Indy pit boss was a rip off, getting a regular PB for double the money, but Oakley really took the cake with this one, charging 600 for an aluminum bank teller tube.
I don't even know if $400 was a fair price for what I got, but I do like them. I don't think they should be called x-metal, because they just don't feel the same when I hold them in my hand.

I finally got the Madman yoooooooooooo
I think they present an eye coverage much bigger then what you expect when just looking at the glasses in your hand.
At the O-Store they also had the Ducati versions, awesome frames!!

P.S.I never bought these or the Badman for wearing (display only) so I can't really comment if I'd wear them on a regular basis. But if I ever buy another one I think I would! :)

I finally got the Madman yoooooooooooo
I think they present an eye coverage much bigger then what you expect when just looking at the glasses in your hand.
At the O-Store they also had the Ducati versions, awesome frames!!

P.S.I never bought these or the Badman for wearing (display only) so I can't really comment if I'd wear them on a regular basis. But if I ever buy another one I think I would! :)
So you bought a pair of $400 sunglasses that you will never wear? You are just going to display them in some shelf in your house? What is this madness?

So you bought a pair of $400 sunglasses that you will never wear? You are just going to display them in some shelf in your house? What is this madness?

They were actually two pairs, a Badman and a Madman. By your comment I take it you're not a collector hence you wouldn't understand.

They were actually two pairs, a Badman and a Madman. By your comment I take it you're not a collector hence you wouldn't understand.
Well, I only have 2 pairs of Oakley's so far. I was being sarcastic since I probably would have a massive collection of Oakley's if I had the money and was aware of how many cool styles they have made over the years :D

Back