• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman sunglasses inspiration

Teej

Oakley Beginner
I was watching a documentary on, well... soil actually, called Kiss The Dirt. In it they talked about a number of things including the chemist (Fritz Haber) that was able to synthesize ammonia out of nitrogen and hydrogen gas. The father of chemical farming. Unfortunately he didn't stop there and created some really horrible chemicals for warfare. But what struck me was this picture that immediately made me think of the Madman sunglasses.

Madman Oakely.jpg

I was watching a documentary on, well... soil actually, called Kiss The Dirt. In it they talked about a number of things including the chemist (Fritz Haber) that was able to synthesize ammonia out of nitrogen and hydrogen gas. The father of chemical farming. Unfortunately he didn't stop there and created some really horrible chemicals for warfare. But what struck me was this picture that immediately made me think of the Madman sunglasses.

View attachment 801399
Mad scientists always had those small round glasses🤪 I would like a pair of Madmans or Mars though. They would look crazy on me I think🤔

I think it's wild that they are stemless. I'd love to try on a pair of the Madman glasses just to see what they are like. I just picked up my first pair of Craters... I think my head might be too big for them. Looks like I have two quarters on my eyes.

I do wonder how they got the stemless glasses to stick back in the days. I’ve also never even seen the Badman in person. I saw the Mars back in the early 2000’s. I got a big head so they probably with look like pennys on my eyes😋

Those are pince-nez style eyewear. Popular a hundred or so years back. The whole idea is it clamps onto your nose to stay on. Came in a variety of shapes and styles. Morpheus made it somewhat popular again in the Matrix movies.

Back