• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman vs Tailend

MasterO

I should Work at Oakley
NJ
I recently visited my local Oakley Vault in NY and had a discussion with manager regarding the madman x-metals and the new Tailends. I felt like the madman lense was very small while the tailend was larger and fit faces better. According to him they're the same size.

That being said I'm getting I'm getting one of them but I was interesting in getting feedback about what others thoughts. Do you like both neither? How does the community feel about them especially the Tailends since they're the newer kid on the block. Does anyone own a pair? Let's avoid the obvious complaints of madman not being x-metals.

Welp lets have at it!

I bought the Dark Carbon/Ruby Iridium Madman online from Oakley. In the pictures it looked really good, on my face not so much. Not sure if it was the way the nose bridge went up or the ear stems, but the lenses seemed really close together and too small for my face. I returned them to Oakley and got the Fire Iridium Tailend. They look way better on my face. Don't seem so close together and I like them a lot. The only downside is they are not polarized - but they were half of what I paid for the Madman.

I have a madman, and have tried on the tailend. I prefer the tailend. It just feels more like a Mars to me. If you are going for an extreme look then the madman, but if you want a more classic look similar to the Mars, Tailend.

I went with the fire tailend. i just hope there will be more colors released, like a Ferrari version. I wanted to like the madman but couldn't

I have a madman with carbon/ruby and I like them, but I don't really wear them in public. I just wear them for driving. I plan on getting 1 or 2 pairs of tailend so I can wear something unique, but feel ok in public.

I just ordered the Tailends in Ice blue after falling in love with them at the O store. They do look better on me than the Madmans, though I still plan on adding a pair of those in Ruby to the stable. They are both unique, with the Madmans being a little more out there so it depends on what you're looking for. I'm planning on wearing the Madmans out in public when I do get them, they're not THAT out there.

The lenses are nowhere near the same size; tailend are bigger. Perhaps the frame size is the same; I'll check when I get the chance.

I own and wear both of them. As mentioned, the madman looks more radical and is polarized, but the coverage is crap. The tailend is much more practical to wear, with great coverage.

They both have spring hinges and they're both quite light. For customization, the madman frame is better suited for various refinishing possibilities.

Though I like them both for different reasons, if I were to only get one it'd probably be the tailend, because of the better wear practicality. It's also half the price...

Back