• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman

Godfrey

Oakley Beginner
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg Am I the only person to complain about scratched frames on the madman glasses? I have received 2 pair from Oakley and seen many pair at the local Oakley store but I have yet to see a single pair that wasn't scratched my wife thinks I'm to pickey but for the price I expect quality. Has any one seen unscratched madman or badman glasses out there?

image.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only person to complain about scratched frames on the madman glasses? I have received 2 pair from Oakley and seen many pair at the local Oakley store but I have yet to see a single pair that wasn't scratched my wife thinks I'm to pickey but for the price I expect quality. Has any one seen unscratched madman or badman glasses out there?

Photos would be helpful. Where the pairs you received sealed from the box? I have several Badman and Madman units but they were all pristine from their sealed boxes. They anodized finish however are easy to scratch.

You should definitely return those. The anodized finish really does scratch easily but they should come mint from a sealed box. Those look like they have been used. This is very poor QC on Oakley's part. :(

I believe the scratches on the inside of the hinge are unavoidable (i've seen about 10 in person, and each had them) because of the hinge mechanism, but orbital scratches like that are inexcusable for a new pair.

Oakley has admitted to me the hinge scratches (my original concern) are not unavoidable that's what I sent my first pair back for. I am waiting for a call from management level after they talk to manufacturing and that was before I saw the orbital scratch so these are deffinatley going back I hope 3rd time is a charm!!

Wow! After reading this I went ahead and checked again my Dark Carbon/ Ruby Madman...and sure enough there was a scratch in the hinge section exactly where yours were. They are highly unnoticeable unless you look for them. This isn't good Oakley! :(

So Oakley called me and now there official position is the hinge point is going to scratch and they aren't going to change that... They are replacing these for the scratch by the lense

Back