• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madmans?

David F

Oakley Expert
Southeast
upload_2015-3-5_16-29-30.png

Wasn't sure if anyone else saw this but they sure do look like the madmans.

I wish the Madman were that big. I don't know what those are.

The front looks similar along with the high-positioned nosebridge. But the temples/earstems look flat in the video. Madman's flare out. ALso the lens size seems smaller with madman. These gold ones look like bigger sized lens, by just a bit.

I've been saying, round lenses are making a comeback. Christian Dior has also released a madman-esque frame. These aren't them, though.

I've been saying, round lenses are making a comeback. Christian Dior has also released a madman-esque frame. These aren't them, though.

I'd say trying to make a comeback. So far the straight-up circular look seems to have a presence as a higher end fashion piece. Doesn't help that people are finding the Madman lenses to lack coverage whereas the Badman is considered a bit practical, but essentially if brands introduce similar-shaped styles at "price point" ($200, lol), I think that circular look could happen.

Generally rounder lenses (Splice/Scar/OG Valve) would be awesome, though.

I'd say trying to make a comeback. So far the straight-up circular look seems to have a presence as a higher end fashion piece. Doesn't help that people are finding the Madman lenses to lack coverage whereas the Badman is considered a bit practical, but essentially if brands introduce similar-shaped styles at "price point" ($200, lol), I think that circular look could happen.

Generally rounder lenses (Splice/Scar/OG Valve) would be awesome, though.

I've been seeing round lenses more and more frequently in celebrity pics. They do tend to have bigger lenses / more coverage, but maybe the chicks wearing them are just small.

And when did function surpass fashion when it comes to celebrities?!? lol...

But I think it's a bounceback effect - first you have some high-ends setting trends, which celebs pick up, which become popular by example, which creates cheap-ass generic clones for the masses, which makes the style more accessible, which makes it more widespread, which leads to more high-end varieties... until the next thing comes out and we start all over again.