• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch frame repair???

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
I have a pair of original Mag Switch frames that were broken at the nose piece. The lenses are black Iridium and they're scratched too. I'd like to get them repaired the professional way with new lenses and the frame put back together without super glue and the like. Does anyone know where I could have this done or the cost for such repairs?

Definitely a job for Dr. Chop if anyone. Pics of the nose piece?

I'd be curious if such a repair could be done. Technically magnesium can be welded, but this is likely pretty fine work. Also, the ceramic mantle around the magnesium might cause problems with the weld. But if it could be accomplished, a cerakote refinish would serve the purpose of the original ceramic mantle, I'd think...

Perhaps it could be a pet project for the X-Man. The nose piece cracked and broke at the rivet but it's been super glued as a repair (dumbass that did it should be shot) but it could be sanded and refinished probably. It's a great frame it just sucks that it's in such bad repair.

As soon as I can I'll post them for you X-Man. From what I've read here on the forum if anyone can fix them you can!

image.jpg
image.jpg

Need pictures up close.....
Need pictures up close.....
I hope these pictures are close enough. They're going to need work due to the super glue. I hate it.

Latest Posts

Back