• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch Lens Removal... HOW!

It may not be the "right" way, but a hammer will get them out of the frame. It might even help get them back in.

You're crafty, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

1. Press the center of the lens from the inside to the outside + 2. hold the lens close to the nose bridge with your thumb and pointer (inside and outside) and press to the center of the lens.
The first step reduces the width of the lens, the second step lets them pop out.

3wpdsh4j.jpg

^and thanks for the conpliment Rustpot haha! i tried heating the frame with hot water, hot air gun, all no dice. was kinda hesitant with pressing hard too because i dont want to snap the mag at the orbitals or the flex coupler... one guy had already snapped his nosebridge in half trying to remove the lenses...

Yes and try to stretch the frame vertically. That's a job for 3 hands :smile:

Mhhhh, If I remember correctly (sold my Switch years ago) installing was easier from the inside.
There are two edges (top and bottom of orbital) which can cause scratches on the new lenses.
If I remember correctly again, I had covered them with clear tape. Not sure, but I think that was the way.

Latest Posts

Back