• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch Lens Removal... HOW!

I think it was a combination of top first, then bottom plus sliding.
FYI you can bend the lens horizontally about 1 cm without damage, vertically they are very stiff.

You should write a HOW-TO in the DIY section. These Switch bastards are fragile and stiff and nobody wants to crack his frame or the lenses.

yup i will do. ill take good photos and write it up.. unfortunately the paint got chipped. seems like theres no easy/clean way to do it. i found the way that minimises damage but i dont think it gets better than that...

yeah i will. the lens shape is very unique with critical angles of bevel along the edges that help it fit into the frame easier. i will take photos. it will be tough to make but just needs patience. the originals are still nice but there is some tiny flaking in one corner where it had been pressed on the frame, and also one spot inside where the anti reflective coat is peeling.

Oh no, that's a difficult custom work, because you cannot swap the lenses in and out for a perfect fitting.
I don't know what it was, but do you have some material from your custom Zero left? I mean the material you've used for the model for assembling!?
Or Fiberglass?
You could make a template using your old lenses.

Latest Posts

Back