• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch

Its kind of like why the FMJ and the chrome type frames peeled.....Same concept. Make something look awesome but dont test the hell out of it and see what happens..... The mag switch was ceramic underneath, go figure how they got the coating to stick...
Yeah I'm still puzzled as to why they're still releasing the FMJ and chrome stuff. Despite what the reps have told me, I'm still reading stories about peeling.

Obviously its being done....They will just stop production, and the price will go up so it can sit in a display case....

Another example of pre-Luxe peeling was the electric mustard eye jackets I had maybe 15 years ago that peeled.

All that said I still bought a pair of chrome bones which I know have the peeling problem as I had a pair that were peeling before. But I bought a brand new pair from JK-27 and promised to care for them meticulously, I clean them after each time I wear them and don't use them for any activity which I will be doing some sweating. I am also sourcing a pair of chrome Radars locally right now that I will pull the trigger on as well as the Goldbrook's which I'm trying to secure. Just have to know it going in and be prepaired for it.

I just saw a pic of a member with these on, and was wondering how they compare in size to some other frames such as the Splice, Valve, Gascan, etc. Are the attached permanently? I'm actually looking to find a pair now. They look really cool!

Latest Posts

Back