• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch...

was tempted for awhile... but never pulled the trigger due to this issue.

couple of months ago, i saw my friend had one... was in pretty bad shape, and he actually does take care of his stuff. His Mags were flaking and oxidizing beneath.

So now... i've completely dropped the idea.

P.S. U'd be better off with an X-Squared... :tongue:

Yeah I'm wondering at how cheap the price would have to be for me to consider picking one up. I see them sold on eBay quite often and wonder if the people putting in high bids know about the flaking issue and if so, do they not care?

I also wonder if the darker Mag frames hide the corrosion better than the light colored frames.

my guess would be these guys who bid really high for the sole purpose of collecting rather than wearing, due to its rarity now.

and the darker frames do not hide the corrosion any better. My friend had the dark ones, and it was pretty nasty...

I wonder if you could just get these treated with water transfer graphics and be done with it? What does the frame look like with all the coating peeled off?

if i recall... its kinda matt / brushed silver right after it peels off... then it'll turn greyish as it oxidizes over time.

I had the Mag Fours and cleaned then after each used since I work outdoors-I never had a problem with the coating and would buy another pair in a second. I pretty carefull with my shades though-I keep them on my face or on my head and don't lay them anywhhere they may get scratched.