• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Magnesium M Frame Replacement Parts?

OEM lens or a really good repair. Getting the rough edges to align will be a challenge, though I could see a cool set of "stitches" with epoxy to hold those together. Bright red thread as the stitches could look incredible.
Here is what it might look like. Could use clear monofilament line or fine copper wire, all embedded in CCA glue. It is not the aesthetic for everyone, I know. Though showcasing your skills to keep your favorites on the road a few more years is great fun, IMO
View attachment 814952
Great idea, but I havent handled epoxy san stuff like that and I since we are in quarantine, everything is close and there is now allowence to walk around.
Still awesome that you thought out of the box and believe me I would wear something like that if I could keep my precious glasses.

Most all of the things I reference are available for shipping without leaving your home! I mistakenly referred to CCA glue, I meant CA cyano acrylic, usually a super glue type. Some require an activator, this allows time to set up the piece then cure the adhesive.

Anyone out there have templates for lenses? With a template one could layout the drill guides and then overlay on lens for a more precise alignment of holes....

Back