• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mail packages overseas... cheapest

pricedollaz

I'm Just Here for Beer and Newds
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I did a search and didn't find what I'm looking for so... I was overseas for 4 years and now that I'm back in America what is the cheapest way to send packages to people overseas... or what tips or tricks are good. I use usps but is there any good ones to save money for my overseas peeps?

Steven i think it depends on the receiver's country of origin.I can speak for my country,Greece.USPS is the only solution cause if someone ships by Fedex,UPS or other non state postage when it comes to Greece the relevant same of course company lets say Fedex will take care of the package.Even if it is gift or low value they will pass it from customs clearance ana the always ask for additional custom charges.If the package is sent from USA to me using USPS the Greek state Hellenic post will take handle of it and normally if it is marked gift or low value and it is not huge or heavy they pass free.Of course first class international is the cheapest method but there is no tracking so the next way is Priority mail International mail which is not cheap but has tracking to most countries.

I have used all methods from USA never had problem,if it is something cheap i can use first class if not i go to the most expensive and fastest USPS Priority Express International mail

Yep, as @STavros say, UPS and FedEx have taken to always applying the Customs charge, whereas with USPS it depends on whether the receiving Customs takes an interest in it or not.

Latest Posts

Back