• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mailbox was full today!

Oaks 'Between The Hedges'

The OF Boogeyman 👹
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Living in rural south GA we have very limited options in what local dealers do carry Oakley, usually just gascans, fuel cells, a few flak 2.0 and a few radars. Consequently I don't get to see all the new stuff in person unless we find a store when we travel. Well a couple weekends ago I went to a Sunglass Hut and got to try on some pairs and check some stuff out.

I really liked the Mainlink and the Tincan Carbon. I finally got to see a woodgrain holbrook in person and immediately fell in love with them. Needless to say I got on ebay and started lookin for deals.

I scored a new without box Tincan ($109) with cip lenses, a woodgrain Holbrook frame only ($55) for which I bought some Ikon chrome polars ($35) and a new without box Mainlink with bip lenses ($99). The Tincan isn't the new carbon so I'm probably gonna get one of those too shortly, but I did just miss out on a Tinfoil I was bidding on today. A few Tinfoil Carbons are being watched so one will be added shortly. All in all I'm thrilled with my score and it didn't hurt the ol wallet too bad.

While I was at it I scored a new with box Conquest black frame with bip for my wife for $75. She isn't as excited as I am but she likes em. Didn't hurt that I got her something too ;). Now I gotta decide which ones I'm gonna wear tomorrow :cool-20:
0928162144.jpg
0928162145a.jpg
0928162145.jpg
0928162207.jpg
0928162208.jpg

0928162145.jpg

I have a lot of different styles (basically just started collecting last year), but of all the ones you mentioned, I really love my tincan carbons & how light they are.

I'm looking for a Tincan Carbon right now as I type this. The carbon earstems are more flexible and look way cooler but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the ones in the pic

I think I paid $150 new for my tincan carbon titanium polarized off amazon (through backcountry) last year.

They had the 00 red at the same price, so thinking back I wish I would have got them, but at that time I thought paying $150 for sunglasses was nuts. Ha.

Last edited:
I think I paid $150 new for my tincan carbon titanium polarized off amazon (through backcountry) last year.

They had the 00 red at the same price, so thinking back I wish I would have got them, but at that time I thought paying $150 for sunglasses was nuts. Ha.
Lol...little did you know

Back