• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mainlink or Straightlink - which fits better

Sushobhon

I should Work at Oakley
Mainlink or Straightlink - which one fits better? I know mainlink is 6 base where straightlink is 8.75 base. I am not familiar with 6 base lenses because most of my Oakleys are 8 base Oakleys, but i really like the colour and the look of sapphire fade mainlink. I can not try it at the store because i am buying it online.

I’ve never had a straightlink but I’ve had a Mainlink and I liked it.

1BBD2F72-9FB5-4BA1-89E7-012F75C00BFF.jpeg

Mainlink or Straightlink - which one fits better?

IMO, Mainlink feels more relaxed and comfortable on my face. The lens coverage is great, but you will have a tad bit of light leakage from the sides, which is expected with almost any flatter/Frogskin style. For me, with a more round face, the Straightlink didn't sit that well on my face and had a lot of contact with my eyebrows and tops of cheeks. It didn't seat well whenever I smiled. (wonder if that's why most folks mean mug in the selfies...) To that, I liked how the Mainlink sat off my face a tad, but still had great coverage in the front and enough curve for a bit on the sides.
Both are extremely light weight, so not more to add there.

Good luck!

Last edited:
from wearing both regularly I can say that they both look good on a medium to large sized head, the mainlinks actually stick out a little far due to the less wrap so they feel a bit more lifestyle like and the straightlinks feel a bit sportier to me. but from a guy who wears hats often, the mainlink works a lot better with a hat in my opinion, the stems are smaller and don't get in the way as much. but days I don't wear a hat, I usually prefer the straightlinks. They feel more comfortable to me like they hug your face better with better light blockage and look a little better on my face.

I wear mostly bigger wrap frames, (pit boss 1, 2 pit bull, double edge, Eyepatch 1 &2 ) But my mainlinks are one of my favorites of the new styles when i want to switch it up a bit. They're very light and comfortable. I really like the sapphire fade pair I have.

I wear mostly bigger wrap frames, (pit boss 1, 2 pit bull, double edge, Eyepatch 1 &2 ) But my mainlinks are one of my favorites of the new styles when i want to switch it up a bit. They're very light and comfortable. I really like the sapphire fade pair I have.
Can you please post a pic of you wearing that sapphire fade mainlink?

yes. i don't have them on me right now, but after while when i get home. They're much smaller on my face than @Chris515000's.

The sapphire and ruby fade prizm should be pretty fairly easy to find for around $100

Latest Posts

Back