• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mainlink vs Chainlink vs Jupiter Squared (Wrap)

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Hoping someone who owns all three can throw some feedback my way (or if you have any additional recommendations, great).

So, it's taken me a little while but I've finally determined I mostly enjoy wearing "blacked out" (or mostly black, some trim color is good) sunglasses w square-shaped lenses. The black contracts my light skin and the square lenses contrast my egg-shaped bald head. It also seems if the height of the lens is somewhere in the ~40mm range then that provides some additional good contrast to how they look on my face. Most ppl agree that my 03-464 matte black/BIP Oil Rigs are my best looking pair (on me). I agree. And I especially like the full peripheral coverage.

Ok, having said all that, I currently own a blacked out Mainlink (oo9264-05) which I like the look of. I also have a matte black Holbrook w Jade irid pol lenses.. they're nice, I do love them, they just don't have quite the same "pop" on my face as black lenses in that frame would.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Chainlink and Jupiter Squared. Below I have posted the specs of these three frames btw. Before I pull the trigger (because I can't try them on, nearest vault is a good drive) I want to know if either the Chainlink or Jupiter Squared have any more curvature or wrap to the frame than the Mainlink? I love my Mainlinks, I am bothered by the lack of peripheral coverage on them (we get spoiled by our Flaks and Radars). I am okay with a little gap on coverage, I feel like the Mainlink is just pushing my limits on the coverage, though.

I looked for this curvature info and all I found were the below frame specs for these frames.. there is no data on the curvature/wrap of the frames so I thought I'd go to the community and draw on your experience.

Mainlink Frame Specs.png

Chainlink Frame Specs.png

Jupiter Squared Frame Specs.png

My experience is mainlink has the most curvature in the mentioned frames : chainlink and Jupiter.

Back