• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Making Stuff As A Hobby?

i am married, but just saying.....is there anything you CAN'T do, short of giving birth?

very nice rings. wearing a SS ring myself...

Stainless is nice. I used to use it, but then you can't say it's made of titanium. And it seems like titanium machines much nicer, even though I've read and heard the horrors of using it.

It seems the list of what I can't do is growing shorter ;). I jest. Always room to learn more and hone skills.

I can't take all the credit tho. My buddy as been helping and we've been throwing ideas off each other that has led to a lot of cool stuff, like these rings.

Hmmm. A trip through the bead blaster and you've got yourself an xmetal ring...

This is some really nice work Q! You could market those rings. Restoring cars and building up performance diesel trucks are my hobbies. I guess that's not quite making things, but I make things go fast. :)

Playing around again
bebuvuhy.jpg

I'm in the middle of turning a hobby into a career. I owned a FedEx route for a number of years and sold it for personal and business reasons.
I had always been a good designer (graphic, concept art, and web design), so a few years ago I went back to school. Been working my ass off in school but it never feels like work.
Making things brings much enjoyment to my life, art for arts sake or art for business sake. It doesn't matter. Took me a long time to understand this and apply it to my life. Now I strive to make more than I consume, and part with things I no longer have use for. Its freeing and fulfilling.

I'm in the middle of turning a hobby into a career. I owned a FedEx route for a number of years and sold it for personal and business reasons.
I had always been a good designer (graphic, concept art, and web design), so a few years ago I went back to school. Been working my ass off in school but it never feels like work.
Making things brings much enjoyment to my life, art for arts sake or art for business sake. It doesn't matter. Took me a long time to understand this and apply it to my life. Now I strive to make more than I consume, and part with things I no longer have use for. Its freeing and fulfilling.

That's awesome man. I'd you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life right?

Back