• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Manage Your Hobbies & Your $$$$$$

Sports memorabilia Cat 2 (bordering on Cat 3)
Oakleys Cat 1
Alcohol (Whiskey/Vodka etc) Cat 1

People always ask how much is my stuff worth. I tell them what I value it at but that is different from what it is worth. If you are trying to sell something and you only get an offer at $xx dollars then that is what worth.

Pics are of my signed NHL mcfarlane figures...I have lots more stuff😉

View attachment 622949

View attachment 622950

View attachment 622951

View attachment 622952

View attachment 622954
Very impressive.

Very nice write up! Personally, I have several hobbies that I sort of shift funds around from. Rather than dedicating “new” funds and earmarking how much I will spend on each hobby, I still use an envelope system I’ve been using for saving money since I was a teenager. I have several envelopes, each with the name of a hobby written on them. My first priority is selling off something from another hobby that I am not using. As a collector, and many here would probably agree, I enjoy the thrill of the chase more than actually owning the item. Going through the research process, price shopping, and buying the item is more fun to me than actually owing it after the shine has worn off. So my preference is to sell an older item first to free up funds for a newer purchase. Whether it is cars, Oakley’s, guitars, guns, specialty tools, or whatever.
awesome idea

Latest Posts

Back