• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Marks on Fast Jacket lens corners?

MOC

Oakley Beginner
On vacation last week, my previous pair of Oakleys decided to fall off my head when I fell off a paddleboard and sank somewhere in the ocean. So, I used it as an excuse to get a new pair, and picked up a pair of Fast Jackets.

These were the only pair in the store, so they were in the display case. They look perfect, though.

Later, I noticed that both sets of lenses have these "marks" or "lines" in the corner. Is this normal from inserting them in the frame? Does it matter, or should I see about getting the lenses exchanged?

Thanks for your input and any help!
D66E75B6-6461-4E4B-A5D8-1F5698AFBEA6_zps5unzcpyp.jpg

Welcome to the forum...... looks like your display pair has had the lens swapping option shown to quite a bit of customers. You can try to ask if they will give you a new set of lenses and see what they say.

It only matters if it's going to drive you insane.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was kind of thinking the same thing, about it probably being from people trying the lens swapping quite a bit. It doesn't bother me, as you can't see it when the frames are in. I was just wondering if the coating would peel from these spots, or that sort of thing. The store itself (Gander Mountain) is apparently completely sold out of these glasses, and I don't really think it's Oakley's fault.

Those marks are normal MOC.
They will happen to all Fast Jacket over time as the lenses are switched out.

The switch lock mechanism on those was a very cool idea
Enjoy.

The iridium and AR coatings tend to flake off on the corners of lens after the angle change on frames like the HJ, FS, etc.

Latest Posts

Back