• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Marriage is hard ...

Yo bro... I hope that the best will come from the situation that you are in right now. I cant give any advice but just for you to be happy with your decision and your life.

And even if we havent met in person i will virtually be by yourside and also will be virtually sharing a beer or two with you.

Long live wally my brother!!

@Frogskins obviously every situation is unique and no one knows better than the parties involved. Having said that let me share a short narrative with you.

I divorced several years ago from my "high school sweet heart". Our son was 2 at the time. Until the night we sat down and both spoke honestly about everything that had built up over the past 5+ years, I believed that I could do anything so long as I had the will to do it. I learned that night just how wrong I'd been all those years. I was literally miserable for more than half the time we were married. There were maturity issues on both sides, but I was never able to look past my frustration with her over the simplest of things.

I had a major emotional breakdown that night when I finally stopped holding back all the anger, frustration, and even hatred towards her or the things she had been doing. It was a big turning point in my life where I realized that putting myself through misery wasn't a viable solution to hold things together, and that as strong as I felt I was I had reached my breaking point. It took the better part of a couple years for that feeling of failure to subside, and the feeling that I couldn't do what I needed to keep my marriage together for my son.

That said, it took that traumatic series of events leading to the divorce to teach me lessons that I should've learned years earlier. That marriage is an equal partnership at all times, and that ignoring or putting off addressing problems is the worst thing you can do. It's so easy to get stuck with your blinders on, unmovable in your opinion that you are right and they are wrong.

Whatever the outcome is I would encourage you to think on it heavily before making a decision. Reach out to friends or family that have gone through similar experiences. Don't ask them to pick a side of who's right and who's wrong, just ask them about their situation and reflect on any parallels it may have to your own relationship. Sometimes it just can't work, like it was for me. Often times people just stop caring if it works. What category your case falls into is for you and your spouse to decide.
Thanks for sharing

Def taking the time to think this through ...

Lyrics from a G&R song, for entertainment purposes only... ;)

I used to love her ♫
♫ But I had to kill her ♫
♫ I used to love her (Mm, yeah) ♫
♫ I had to put her six feet under ♫
♫ And I can still hear her complain ♫

♫ I used to love her (Oo, yeah) ♫
♫ I knew I'd miss her ♫
♫ So I had to keep her ♫
♫ She's buried right in my backyard ♫
♫ (Oh yeah, Oo yeah, whoa, oh yeah) ♫

♫ I used to love her ♫
♫ I used to love her, (Mm, yeah) ♫
♫ She bitched so much, She drove me nuts ♫
♫ And now I'm happier this way, yeah ♫
♫ (Whoa, oh yeah) ♫

♫ I used to love her ♫
♫ I used to love her, Mm, yeah ♫

:D

Thanks for sharing

Def taking the time to think this through ...
Just remember that no matter good their intentions no one knows your relationship better than the two of you that have lived it, and know one knows what she's thinking better than she does, not even you. When you think you know what's going through her head ask her to be sure. The more you know about what she's thinking the easier it will be for you to express what you think and feel, and the same is true for her.

For what it's worth I'm not one of these "every marriage can be saved" or "getting divorced is wrong" people. Whatever is best for everyone is what should be done. A very sincere "best of luck" to you.

If the Dolphins go to the Superbowl, my marriage will be saved

Guess it's time to look for that divorce lawyer ...

:p

I believe in Dan Campbell, he's gonna light a fire under the players. In it to win it!

Oh and divorce sucks,
I was married for over 12 yrs, had a son (who by the way is a dolphins fan). I pay $1265 a month in child support and alimony.

Lyrics from a G&R song, for entertainment purposes only... ;)

I used to love her ♫
♫ I used to love her (Mm, yeah) ♫

♫ I knew I'd miss her ♫
♫ So I had to keep her ♫