• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Marriage is hard ...

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
It's been a while My Oakley Family ...

Been going through a rough patch in my marriage and after 5 years, and upon our marriage counselor's advice, we decided to do a trial separation. Time to spend some alone time and do some serious soul searching and decide whether it's time to throw in the towel, or try and save the marriage.

My gut tells me that this will end in divorce. It's the logical thing to do with so much conflict. Of course the heart says otherwise. Time will tell ...

There is a positive side to all this!

Being alone now ... I can buy all the Oakleys I want without "the stare" from the wife

:)

Just venting a bit ...

Hope everyone is doing well ...

It's been a while My Oakley Family ...

Been going through a rough patch in my marriage and after 5 years, and upon our marriage counselor's advice, we decided to do a trial separation. Time to spend some alone time and do some serious soul searching and decide whether it's time to throw in the towel, or try and save the marriage.

My gut tells me that this will end in divorce. It's the logical thing to do with so much conflict. Of course the heart says otherwise. Time will tell ...

There is a positive side to all this!

Being alone now ... I can buy all the Oakleys I want without "the stare" from the wife

:)

Just venting a bit ...

Hope everyone is doing well ...
Had a feeling something was up since you got quiet.......hopefully it all ends peacefully......better that way than all bitter and angry.....

Either that or she can go out on a fishing boat wearing "special shoes" ;)

Had a feeling something was up since you got quiet.......hopefully it all ends peacefully......better that way than all bitter and angry.....

Either that or she can go out on a fishing boat wearing "special shoes" ;)
Thanks Reverend ...

Most likely it will end peacefully (we talked about this.) We have no joint assets whatsoever, so the split will be easy. Of course when going through a divorce, tempers can go nuts, and then who knows ...

But I honestly think the split will go easy.

Of course if she does go nuts, you can always take her fishing for me ...

Thanks Reverend ...

Most likely it will end peacefully (we talked about this.) We have no joint assets whatsoever, so the split will be easy. Of course when going through a divorce, tempers can go nuts, and then who knows ...

But I honestly think the split will go easy.

Of course if she does go nuts, you can always take her fishing for me ...
:angel:

Of course I don't know all the details of the situation and what y'all have been through and tried, etc etc, but that's one thing I'm wary of with marriage counselors, that they might advise quitting. If one wanted to quit, why go to counseling? I think the blasé attitude and openness towards divorce these days is a bigger threat to the tradition of marriage than what some claim gay marriage is...

There are times that divorce is the only right answer but it seems like people jump on it too fast these days.

Again, I'm just making a general rant about the subject and am not directing it to you specifically; I'm sure you've worked very hard to work things out and the fact that it's coming to this is because it's the only remaining option that makes sense. The rant started about marriage counselors that advise divorce and none of the continuing content was meant to be regarding your situation.

I sure this is very difficult for you emotionally and I hope you can keep your head up; you have the support of your o-brothers... :drinks:

And thanks for sharing.

Aren't there days when you wish you could just reach into her brain and rewire stuff so she wasn't nuts anymore? ;)

Of course I don't know all the details of the situation and what y'all have been through and tried, etc etc, but that's one thing I'm wary of with marriage counselors, that they might advise quitting. If one wanted to quit, why go to counseling? I think the blasé attitude and openness towards divorce these days is a bigger threat to the tradition of marriage than what some claim gay marriage is...

There are times that divorce is the only right answer but it seems like people jump on it too fast these days.

Again, I'm just making a general rant about the subject and am not directing it to you specifically; I'm sure you've worked very hard to work things out and the fact that it's coming to this is because it's the only remaining option that makes sense. The rant started about marriage counselors that advise divorce and none of the continuing content was meant to be regarding your situation.

I sure this is very difficult for you emotionally and I hope you can keep your head up; you have the support of your o-brothers... :drinks:

And thanks for sharing.

Aren't there days when you wish you could just reach into her brain and rewire stuff so she wasn't nuts anymore? ;)

Thanks for the viewpoint and for the encouragement.

I'll give you a call sometime next year when I'm single again and ask if you know any cute 21 year old chicks from Texas ...

And thanks for sharing.

Reaching into her brain to rewire her? Why not just go the extra mile and change the genetic code for ALL females? Wouldn't that be better than changing just ONE? ;)

Back