• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars crater custom leather wrap

whats the value

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Megahurtz

Oakley Enthusiast
I purchased a pair of mars crater and dropped them off with a champion leatherman to have leather installed . I gave him many pictures of the authentic mars jordan and asked for the glasses to look the same . i have been waiting a week and a half for them to be finished and have just a few more days to wait . mars crater custom cut gold iridium polarized is in the mail . When all said and done i should have an exact replica using the crater frame . Is there a way to tell the difference between the two ? and whats it worth ? thank you

IMG_1417.JPG

subscribed! i have yet to see an exact replica of the leather wrap. good luck for a positive outcome.

however, it will only be a 'replica' as the serial behind the nosebomb will match the serial on the arms...

Last edited:
was talking with x metal workshop and he's offering x metal hammer stems for 150$ that will fit the mars crater /leather so matching scerial numbers not going to matter im thinking . was going to use my romeo stems but i respect my oakley shades . 150 is cheep . waiting on the leather then im trying the romeo hammer stems on for a fit . I AM REAL CURIOUS TO THE FIT ? I will have pictures when they come back .
I am an artist ! where is what we want ? the new full x metal juliet mars penny romeo in titanium . is oakley coming out with new ? im building from the past to get what oakley should be giving

ive tried hammers in mars frame. how they sit on your face is the same. looks nice and aggressive though. afaik noone has pulled off a custom leather wrap that looks OEM- I know Dann (O-review) has a black leather mars, Q-train had a custom wrap one as well, and I made the Denim wrap one (still with me) as a tribute to one of Dann's O-review April fools gags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

way cool denim did you do that ? ! I just hope i gave the right pictures the seem on the nose was put at the bottom ? seemed strange . he told me glue was going to have to be used only made sense . I found 3 people in portland OR willing to do the job only one said right away he could do it ! he has championship cups on his wall like mad at his shoe store . the other was a larger business and they said they would have to look into it a lot further and there price was very high comparatively to the shoe maker . the other was not sure he did not want to damage the glasses .

yep did it myself, copied the exact stitch pattern from my own leather (before it was stolen). was not easy. the leather needed is very thin nubuck, so really is suited to a jeweller's hand more so than a shoe repairman (although i guess if hes good, he knows what to do anyhow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope the result is a success. If anything it will be a nice pair I am sure. You will still have a replica as the serial number on the Jordan Mars Crater is different from the regular Mars Crater. Also the Jordan did not have Gold Iridium Polarized lenses.

I hope the result is a success. If anything it will be a nice pair I am sure. You will still have a replica as the serial number on the Jordan Mars Crater is different from the regular Mars Crater. Also the Jordan did not have Gold Iridium Polarized lenses.
exactly why i didnt try to replicate the leather, and chose something more unique instead. it will always be a custom