• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Crater - The First MPH?

FXD

Oakley Beginner
I've always felt the Mars Crater is stuck in limbo between X-Metal/Black and Leather/Gold.

They designed the Leather frame to have holes in it to allow the leather to be stitched and glued to the frame, but did they then looked at it and say 'we can just sell it without the leather'?

It feels like they just used the spare orbitals of the Mars Leather to cobble together a 'different' frame.

If you have the Leather and the X-Metal Black, do you see much need to also have a Crater? I wouldn't feel it is warranted.

Conversely, if you can't afford the Leather, do you feel the Crater is a nice compromise?

Yes having all 3 is defiantly worth it. I am still working ony mars collection.

If you have the mars is getting the crater worth it? Yes it's a functional frame to the leather. If you can get the leather the crater is a great compromise but you should still be on the lookout for the Jordan mars.

These are just my openions I could be wrong.

O-Review lists when the model was released, not the specific colourway.

I think from memory Crater came after Leather, but I'm not sure. Ruby definitely came after all three.