• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars donor lenses ??

Man from Mars

Oakley Beginner
Hi. I am new to this forum and was hoping to get some info on donor lenses for my Mars frames . I am not a huge fan of the aftermarkets. If I was crazy enough to try and cut my own lenses what donor lenses would work?

Thanks in advance

Forgot to add: there are other lenses but Big Taco is your best bet with the most color options

you basically put low tack masking tape over the entire front of the donor lens to enable you to mark an outline using the original lens. use a fine sharpie to do the outline keeping it tight to the edge.

most diy'ers use a dremmel to cut close to the outline then hand finish with fine grit sandpaper up to the line. check for fit periodically so you don't take too much material off. bear in mind that they will probably need a bevel around the edge. also consider how easy it is to trash a perfectly good lens as you practice your new skills....

good luck and i hope you get the results you are after.

Everything helps. Thanks. Did u cut by hand and if so did you use the process described by mjt42? Is there a video anywhere of someone performing a lens cut like that ?

Latest Posts

Back