• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MARS: First impressions...

Let me ask you this then, Dingo...do the hammerstem Mars fit you better than the standard stems? I find the Juliets fit me pretty much the same (comfortable) with wither the regular or the hammers...my XX feel a little "bigger" on the sides of my head, they of course have hammers but the feeling could just be me..

Let me ask you this then, Dingo...do the hammerstem Mars fit you better than the standard stems? I find the Juliets fit me pretty much the same (comfortable) with wither the regular or the hammers...my XX feel a little "bigger" on the sides of my head, they of course have hammers but the feeling could just be me..
Most of the time hammers and straight stem fit same. I like hammers abit more because only back part wear rubber is touches my head to me seems like less pressure.. more then likley that is all in my head thing.. FYI send me your loose X xx's !!! Are the arms tight on X xx's . Some people bend the arms or try an bend orbitals to make them tighter or looser.. you really can't tell either.. I had Romeo guy sold them to me because they were to tight even with 15's , he said they gave him a headache .. got them bent each arm back to popper spot now nice snug fit. Used my other Romeo's as gauge to see were they were wrong at. These xmetal arms are tuff no damage to arms or finish doing it

I've just the one pair of XX and they are running strong. I check all my metals with the T6 torx just to make sure everything's tight every now and then...no issues so far!

I have hammers on some of my Julies and they look and feel great....but I think the regular arms fit better.

Yeah....I got lucky the Mars work for me. My face is narrow and do have a squared off chin....so they fit rather well....at least that's what my friends say. Not ideal for driving as light comes in from the sides....still rather drive with a Juliet. Will surely try and find another....might need to sell a Juliet or some of my Oliver Peoples frames though.

Finally got to get myself a pair and tried them on for the first time today. I honestly didn't think I would like them and I really just got them for my XM collection. Got a killer deal, set is like NIB and came with extra blue polar lenses and rubber, as well as extra temple shocks.

I love them! I soooo need to find another pair (maybe a creator this time) to have @THE X-MAN finish in black for me than get some 24k, chrome, and red lenses (and red rubber).

Not sure....hey @Chris A Hardaway, can you use HJ 2.0XL as donors for MARS? This hobby is getting rather expensive. I'm going to be moving soon and need to figure out the easiest way to transport 20 frames on a plane.....no way will I check them in!

Here is a snap shot of the MARS on me.....think they fit my face OK?

Thanks! View attachment 281267
They look good on you and even if not who tha fck cares :D?! It's MARS so it deserves to be rocked :D I know I'd rock em for sure. How good was the deal? If it's not a mystery. I'm starting to collect some coins for a pair.

They look good on you and even if not who tha fck cares :D?! It's MARS so it deserves to be rocked :D I know I'd rock em for sure. How good was the deal? If it's not a mystery. I'm starting to collect some coins for a pair.

The glasses are MINT....no box. But, got brand new polar ice lenses, blue rubber kit, and extra temple shocks. All in it set me back $350. I could have got just the glasses and case for $300....but for $50 more, I got the lenses, OEM rubber, and extra temple shocks. Just wish they were Crators....still think I did ok though. Ya think??

Harry

The glasses are MINT....no box. But, got brand new polar ice lenses, blue rubber kit, and extra temple shocks. All in it set me back $350. I could have got just the glasses and case for $300....but for $50 more, I got the lenses, OEM rubber, and extra temple shocks. Just wish they were Crators....still think I did ok though. Ya think??

Harry
I was thinking that 350$ shipped overseas should be consider a fair deal but 300$ would be better of course :D The bonuses you've got are cool no doubt. Personally I'd go with a red set of rubbers and lenses since it's the red planet :D but a blue set or violet would also be great. Like you I'd love to get crters but regular ones would make me happy also :) I'm going to a interview on tuesdy and if I get the job I'm set to start filling my piggy bank with crater destination :D

Finally got to get myself a pair and tried them on for the first time today. I honestly didn't think I would like them and I really just got them for my XM collection. Got a killer deal, set is like NIB and came with extra blue polar lenses and rubber, as well as extra temple shocks.

I love them! I soooo need to find another pair (maybe a creator this time) to have @THE X-MAN finish in black for me than get some 24k, chrome, and red lenses (and red rubber).

Not sure....hey @Chris A Hardaway, can you use HJ 2.0XL as donors for MARS? This hobby is getting rather expensive. I'm going to be moving soon and need to figure out the easiest way to transport 20 frames on a plane.....no way will I check them in!

Here is a snap shot of the MARS on me.....think they fit my face OK?

Thanks! View attachment 281267
Those fit you well, Harry. And thanks for the lenses!!!!!

Back