• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Mars Jordan Matching Box, Mars Crater matching box and Mars Ice with NON-matching box

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Well I was real close to dropping $600 but that's not a matched set. That's an OCP box and someone just wrote the serial on it. Oh well, still on the hunt.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's OCP?

Some people reacted to this post.
I was actually going to ask the exact same thing what is OCP? In any case my bad totally missed thar at I was aware that some of these sets had the Serial hand written in and figured it was exactly the same here.

I am changing the title and description to note it as non-matching

Thanks for the catch I don't want anyone to get anything not exactly correct or as described.

Thanks

Brett

Username Hidden said:
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's OCP?
Oakley Custom Progam. When you go on oakley and customize a frame they come in that custom box. Back in the day you could do that with some X Metals. That’s the box the Ruby OCP mars came in.

I ran into this issue a few years back and had to do a lot of research and talking to people to figure out why those boxes have X prefixes. Both my Ruby and Emerald are like that hence I’m still looking for matched sets.

Username Hidden said:
Oakley Custom Progam. When you go on oakley and customize a frame they come in that custom box. Back in the day you could do that with some X Metals. That’s the box the Ruby OCP mars came in.

I ran into this issue a few years back and had to do a lot of research and talking to people to figure out why those boxes have X prefixes. Both my Ruby and Emerald are like that hence I’m still looking for matched sets.

Thanks for the explanation I appreciate it. I have updated the title and listing. If anyone sees anything else that is off somehow please do let me know.

If any additional photos are needed please ask.

Thanks for all the help and feedback I really appreciate it.

Regards

Brett

Username Hidden said:

So this IS the box this frame came in, most likely? Just through the OCP program? So it’s not necessarily “non-matching”?

Username Hidden said:
So this IS the box this frame came in, most likely? Just through the OCP program? So it’s not necessarily “non-matching”?
I know I recently purchased it this way and it had the trashed Ruby lenses in it at the time.

I was going to wait and replace with OEM custom cut Ruby but was having difficulty locating any so had Chris A Hardaway cut these Ice instead.

The seller claimed he had these for over a decade and told me he was The original owner.

That is what I know

Thanks

Username Hidden said:

Well I can't say that it's the original box it came in. The only way you could say that for sure is if the serials matched which is why some people like me only collect the matched sets.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks for the explanation I appreciate it. I have updated the title and listing. If anyone sees anything else that is off somehow please do let me know.

If any additional photos are needed please ask.

Thanks for all the help and feedback I really appreciate it.

Regards

Brett

No problem man, it's still a nice pair. I mean ****, it's a Mars!

Username Hidden said:
I know I recently purchased it this way and it had the trashed Ruby lenses in it at the time.

I was going to wait and replace with OEM custom cut Ruby but was having difficulty locating any so had Chris A Hardaway cut these Ice instead.

The seller claimed he had these for over a decade and told me he was The original owner.

That is what I know

Thanks
Most likely it is the original box if he had it that long.

BUMP

All 3 heading the eBay later tonight. Thanks again for all the interest.

Best Regards

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.