• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜Mars Jordan Owner's List - See first post for NEW list

Status
Not open for further replies.
M*006586 going back to serial numbers matching, It has to be the Barcode Serial that matches, The written one is just to write the Store assistants wrongs.......
IMG_20210418_182330.jpg

IMG_20210418_183045.jpg

IMG_20210418_184220.jpg

Last edited:
M*006586 going back to serial numbers matching, It has to be the Barcode Serial that matches, The written one is just to write the Store assistants wrongs.......
View attachment 857654

View attachment 857656

View attachment 857657
I think that the Mars was released while Romeos were still having hand written numbers on the underside of the box and there was no attempt to match the serial on the frame with the bar code - to get a matching barcode and frame serial is extremly unlikely - it is also quite rare to have a hand written serial to match the frame.
I would be interested to see how standard Mars and Craters match up....

Also, the hand written serial wouldn't have been done by store assistants as I have noticed that the hand writing on them is of the same style so my guess is that they were paired up at the factory. This is one thing I look for when considering provenance of a pair - a Romeo recently being listed in the exchange looks decidedly sketchy - maybe even a Sharpie pen!!

I think that the Mars was released while Romeos were still having hand written numbers on the underside of the box and there was no attempt to match the serial on the frame with the bar code - to get a matching barcode and frame serial is extremly unlikely - it is also quite rare to have a hand written serial to match the frame.
I would be interested to see how standard Mars and Craters match up....

Also, the hand written serial wouldn't have been done by store assistants as I have noticed that the hand writing on them is of the same style so my guess is that they were paired up at the factory. This is one thing I look for when considering provenance of a pair - a Romeo recently being listed in the exchange looks decidedly sketchy - maybe even a Sharpie pen!!
Hi Mark,

Interesting point, And i know that later XM box ends never had that serial number box on. But i, As i guess many other members on here have, A Romeo 1st generation that the barcode serial on the box matches the serial number on the ear stem. That is to me a "complete & matching serial" Unless those two match, A handwritten serial number in a White box does not constitute a matching serial (to me, Anyway!)
It would have been interesting to know but back in the day outlets in the UK such as Fire & Ice & the like would have had their cosignments of serialised Glasses, Are you suggesting that the mismatch came from the factory because to me, I have to believe it came from the Store. I cannot remember when i bought from places like that whether they had more than one pair of a particular XM at any one time.

Here are three examples of hand written serials featured in this thread. You can see they all have a similar style - especially the first and third pics.

Screenshot_20210418-185224.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-185201.jpg

Screenshot_20210418-185046.jpg

I can remember when I first joined up, that a box had sold where the seller specifically mentioned the serial number box was "blank". It didn't click in my brain at that time, but now I see that someone could've used that box, and bull-hashed that he has a matching set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back