• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars landing

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
D

dragonvoi

i've been on quest to complete all of the X metal frames. Technically I do not have all of the Mars frames, if you by what is said on the box, but for me this is as complete as it goes. though many will say I'm missing other lens options for the regular mars frame, I consider the serial to be the "tell" for this set. and the serials only indicate that there are three models: Mars, crater and mars leather.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416170386.255850.jpg

maybe one day i will want the rest but for now, thanks for stopping by and checking out my "complete set"

Nice trio of Mars ,but to call it the complete set is kidding no one but yourself!

ehhhhh... this is why i put this here in the discussion section. i get it, one can say i need the SGH emerald, red socks for my ruby, and the BI with red socks to complete the full SKU production set. (The pair in the Mars box is a black iridium with black socks). but, since the serials dont actually specify what lenses would come with what pair I think I have all the frames(Not to say that I wouldn't get a boxed example of the others in the future)

Well yes, if your goal was to get an example of each Mars serial type, congrats, you got it.

And my Mars goals are similar, though not even as grand - 1 Crater (got it), 2 Mars (not yet) one of which with a custom refinish. And I don't care about boxes.

And I guess I'm gonna have to get a madman when it comes out, even though it's not an x-metal and is so radical it makes regular Mars look conservative...

Now, there are seven different Mars / Crater SKUs, with that SGH emerald very very rare... and then there's Mars ice lenses that never officially made production yet somehow got into the market (not aftermarket, not custom cut)...

But you didn't say you're trying to get every SKU, only "all the frames". But please clarify - by that, do you mean like this, an example of each different SKU prefix? What about suffix (gen)? And/or for the nonserialed, do you mean every finish available for each frame? I've thought about that but my ambitions aren't that big yet... :D

Last edited:
Well yes, if your goal was to get an example of each Mars serial type, congrats, you got it.

And my Mars goals are similar, though not even as grand - 1 Crater (got it), 2 Mars (not yet) one of which with a custom refinish. And I don't care about boxes.

And I guess I'm gonna have to get a madman when it comes out, even though it's not an x-metal and is so radical it makes regular Mars look conservative...

Now, there are seven different Mars / Crater SKUs, with that SGH emerald very very rare... and then there's Mars ice lenses that never officially made production yet somehow got into the market (not aftermarket, not custom cut)...

But you didn't say you're trying to get every SKU, only "all the frames". But please clarify - by that, do you mean like this, an example of each different SKU prefix? What about suffix (gen)? And/or for the nonserialed, do you mean every finish available for each frame? I've thought about that but my ambitions are that big yet... :D
Do you have pics of the madman? I haven't seen anything, only heard rumors.

But you didn't say you're trying to get every SKU, only "all the frames". But please clarify - by that, do you mean like this, an example of each different SKU prefix? What about suffix (gen)? And/or for the nonserialed, do you mean every finish available for each frame? I've thought about that but my ambitions are that big yet... :D
short version is just the frames specifically not the lenses unless it's specified that a frame has a certain lens.

so : for mars. just the above three. if i bought two bare serialized frames, bought OEM ruby and Emerald lenses, installed them, no one can definitively determine what lens goes to which frame.

for penny, there are PV and PI serials that specifiCally indicate they should have ice and vr28 in a titanium frame. so i couldnt just get an ice lens stick it in my PV Serial frame and say i have the "set".

i guess i have different specifications too, for my current goal. i want all gens/versions for my wearers, r1, xx, and xsquared. to me there are 7 r1 versions. 6 xx's, and only 6 xs since they are jot serialized. (sku's dont count for me, yet)

make sense?

bro don't make this difficult for your self you have a crater check, reg mars check, Jordan mars check, what you need ruby easy to get customize one, emeralds easy customize one. get 2 frames on ebay w/o lenses let HERO cut the lenses there you go done deal..you have all of it ;).

Back