• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale MARS Leather Jordan

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
Concerning the leather- I try to be rather critical when grading. I have struggled with the grading system here. Several pairs of glasses I have purchased here- were graded much higher that I thought they should have been- particularly the lenses.

Here is the original listing where it is clearly graded (Leather: 9.5/10) and received favorable comments: Sold - Mars leather Jordan #SOLD

That is where I based the grading on, considering I have never owned a NIB pair to compare to.

*If I am drastically off on grading these, please feel free to educate me on them and make an offer accordingly.*

Ok that explains it.

It's great that you are open to comments and also that you provided clear pics that show condition. Many of the collectors on OF take pride in being conservative in their condition descriptions. There are a few who are known to exaggerate the quality.

Definitely no offence meant to you in above comments.

Sadly the suede in your piece is a 6-7.

It is hard to get a feel for grading and it's always a bit subjective. 9.5 implies near mint.

In the case of Mars Jordan, see the pic i provided of a near mint nose bridge. The suede has a 'fluffiness' that shows it has rarely been handled. The smoothness of yours in the centre suggests a lot of wear/handling.

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Lets just help the fellow member and seller here stating that the serial number is of the low side and that counts as well

I acquired a pair last year and the leather looked similar. Dark places from sweat and becomes rough (nose bridge and inside temples). After talking with a few members I learned of a way to treat it and attempt to restore some of its life. Unfortunately it will never look like new again unless it's has been re-leathered. I ended up getting $500 for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

And the actual discription is suede not leather

Username Hidden said:
I acquired a pair last year and the leather looked similar. Dark places from sweat and becomes rough (nose bridge and inside temples). After talking with a few members I learned of a way to treat it and attempt to restore some of its life. Unfortunately it will never look like new again unless it's has been re-leathered. I ended up getting $500 for mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen before and after pics of that cleaning and it can help.

OP should probably double check lens condition to be safe and avoid issues once sold!

There are plenty of Mars Jordan lovers who would be happy with a daily wear piece like this!

GLWS

Thanks everyone for the polite information and comments.

Back up. $515 all in.

Username Hidden said:
Lets just help the fellow member and seller here stating that the serial number is of the low side and that counts as well

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
With no box and matching serial I don't see how that makes a difference really?
Being complete is one thing being low/high serial is another.
U mean for example when there are 2 Romeos 1 no box both one with serial 500 lets say and one with 130.000 there is no difference ?

PMed you.