• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars/Mars Crater with Red Earsocks... Pics or Description Please

Yep I was gonna mention that the craters were listed as BI and Red earsocks BUT there are no boxes that have surfaced with the correct label so it is not decipherable if what you have are swaps. not that it would make a difference anyways, you could literally swap out with any crater and the difference should just be the cost between red and black mars rubbers.
What makes me think it’s legit is I got the extra rubber pieces in the same kind of little baggy as comes in the box 🤔

There was an ice version with blue socks and box that went over the auction block last week… can’t get the listing to open but it’s in this screen shot
DDB7C113-9557-4BBB-90E6-934F7D1E8CE8.png

The CRATER Ice was a release that did not have a box or a SKU. They just came with a normal box and sku. There were versions made, I believe at headquarters with ice lens OEM from headquarters and the blue socks and nose bombs. Yes you could just make one but the trick was the nose bombs. Those were the defining item that made the CRATER ice a headquarters item.
Good luck finding the nose bombs. Thats the impossible item. They are different and can be identified as different from Linegear blue.
There was not a blue mars. Ruby and emerald Mars. Ice Crater.
1664403277994.png

1664403293600.png

1664403312428.png

1664403332092.png

1664403347212.png

1664403369201.png

Linegear Vs Oakley ( Oakley on the right)
1664403402106.png

I made a Custom Crater Violet for a friend that served in Afghanistan. It is beautiful.
1664403669062.png

1664403686120.png

There was an ice version with blue socks and box that went over the auction block last week… can’t get the listing to open but it’s in this screen shot
View attachment 998695
Followed that listing. Suspect it was a true Ice Crater from HQ based on the fact that if you zoom on the spare nose bombs, you can see they are OEM Oakley (seem on the edge and not down middle like LG). Clearly, others spotted this tell as well, hence the price.....and no, it wasn't me. I was quite flabbergasted. Went up $600 in the last 10 seconds.

Followed that listing. Suspect it was a true Ice Crater from HQ based on the fact that if you zoom on the spare nose bombs, you can see they are OEM Oakley (seem on the edge and not down middle like LG). Clearly, others spotted this tell as well, hence the price.....and no, it wasn't me. I was quite flabbergasted. Went up $600 in the last 10 seconds.
What was the final price? Was it another face book ad?
It wasn’t Joe was it?

Thanks I figured after I looked at the picture. Almost looks like a Mars, but it’s small and blurry.
Crater ice are sexy as hell, that round ice lens tends to hold that deep blue in, you could drown in that blue.