• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars! The most amazing matching set I could ever dream of.

First of all thanks to @PiesangKop_ZA for making this happen for me. My first set of Mars and I could not be happier. The hinges and nose bridge are tight as can be. Frame and lenses not a mark. For sure look to have never been worn. Box and coin look amazing. The serial on the box while a bit smeared is clearly matching the frames. UPC label on outbox not matching but I feel no pain in that. I must admit the description and photos confirmed they were minty but I did expect them to be this fresh. These are officially the pinnacle of my collection.

View attachment 1011291

View attachment 1011292

View attachment 1011293

View attachment 1011294
Awesome Mars and an awesome collection. Congrats. :cool-33:🤙

tmp 7.gif

But looking at that pic of the OP wearing them there is still a gap between his temple and the Stem. So would a HS Make a difference?🤔

For me personally, I hate to see HS on Mars, I myself much prefer originality. But each to their own I guess.

But looking at that pic of the OP wearing them there is still a gap between his temple and the Stem. So would a HS Make a difference?🤔

For me personally, I hate to see HS on Mars, I myself much prefer originality. But each to their own I guess.
This is a good question and I wonder too: I believe the HS do jut out and away from the temple as opposed to the original which clearly go in from the temple. Or do the HS just go further back behind the ear and don’t actually move out and away from the head?

This is a good question and I wonder too: I believe the HS do jut out and away from the temple as opposed to the original which clearly go in from the temple. Or do the HS just go further back behind the ear and don’t actually move out and away from the head?
I had hm on mine for a while and they were way more comfortable. Not near as tight on my big melon. They actually feel more like the R1, or XX. But as @alol said, to each their own I reckon.....

I had hm on mine for a while and they were way more comfortable. Not near as tight on my big melon. They actually feel more like the R1, or XX. But as @alol said, to each their own I reckon.....
Thanks. This all original, factory fresh pair is not going to be altered. As a collector I would never alter an original pair with matching box such as this. However it’s good information as I would like to look for a wear pair as well and wearing them like this would not take long to give me a migraine unfortunately so HS may be the way I need to go to truly enjoy them day to day.

Thanks. This all original, factory fresh pair is not going to be altered. As a collector I would never alter an original pair with matching box such as this. However it’s good information as I would like to look for a wear pair as well and wearing them like this would not take long to give me a migraine unfortunately so HS may be the way I need to go to truly enjoy them day to day.
Oh I completely understand where you're at brother. And when you do get that edw pair, I'd definitely go with hammers. I'm planning on getting another set for mine very soon