• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Mars X Metal Ruby Brand New (NO Box)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

These are brand new and as tight as the day they were born. I've only kept them on display since around 2005. I have no clue what these are going for but I sold a dozen pairs of Mars in the last year or two and they went for $1200 to $1800. I guess I'll ask $1500 for them. If I'm off my rocker by all means straighten my dumb a$$ out with a market offer. Or whatever you think they're worth to you. I'll likely take a reasonable offer especially if it's in the next 24 hours. I know the pics suck and can take better ones if need be.

IMG_20230212_135114598.jpg

IMG_20230212_135043876_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20230212_135136292.jpg

IMG_20230212_135144538.jpg

IMG_20230212_135125034.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
All factory? Damn if only that had the matching box.

Username Hidden said:
All factory? Damn if only that had the matching box.
Like for real! It pains me to think of all the boxes I threw away from 2000 to 2002. Working in a retail store kiosk we were told to throw them out as we didn't have space. Even most buyers never asked for a box. They'd just take their microbag and bounced.

I moved a couple of your threads here. The cabinet one and the C6. Just to the appropriate places.

Price seems high without the box.

Username Hidden said:
Price seems high without the box.
100% agree.

Username Hidden said:
I moved a couple of your threads here. The cabinet one and the C6. Just to the appropriate places.
Thank you! I'm new to using a forum lol

Username Hidden said:
These are brand new and as tight as the day they were born. I've only kept them on display since around 2005. I have no clue what these are going for but I sold a dozen pairs of Mars in the last year or two and they went for $1200 to $1800. I guess I'll ask $1500 for them. If I'm off my rocker by all means straighten my dumb a$$ out with a market offer. Or whatever you think they're worth to you. I'll likely take a reasonable offer especially if it's in the next 24 hours. I know the pics suck and can take better ones if need be.

View attachment 1040868

View attachment 1040869

View attachment 1040870

View attachment 1040871

View attachment 1040872
Price is higher than a Jordan or even Crater. No box; you need to lower that price back to Earth where it belongs!

If I am correct a Longtime member on here advertised & Sold the same piece but complete on a well known site for £800. They didn't sell straight away either.

I think that amounts to roughly $1000.

I have a Mint Jordan (Glasses only) on here that I have priced comparative with stuff that sold on here only a few Months ago. Looking to cover what I paid for it. Not a single enquiry.

I think in EU this cost of living crisis is really beginning to bite, I was watching a clean XX X metal that ended on Sunday, Went for £265. Another clean pair up for £400, Up for a couple of weeks now. Not so long ago £400 would have only got you a Beater frame.

Imho I think if stuff is Mint & Complete they will still fetch decent money but not what stuff was going for 18 months ago.

Username Hidden said:
If I am correct a Longtime member on here advertised & Sold the same piece but complete on a well known site for £800. They didn't sell straight away either.

I think that amounts to roughly $1000.

I have a Mint Jordan (Glasses only) on here that I have priced comparative with stuff that sold on here only a few Months ago. Looking to cover what I paid for it. Not a single enquiry.

I think in EU this cost of living crisis is really beginning to bite, I was watching a clean XX X metal that ended on Sunday, Went for £265. Another clean pair up for £400, Up for a couple of weeks now. Not so long ago £400 would have only got you a Beater frame.

Imho I think if stuff is Mint & Complete they will still fetch decent money but not what stuff was going for 18 months ago.
I’m ready for prices to come back down so I can start spending again

Status
Not open for further replies.