• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Mars Xmetal Black

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Mars XMetal Black: $400 (Includes insured shipping anywhere)
Price down to $380

Unboxed, serialized Mars XMetal Black
Frame: 8.5
Lens: 9.5/10
Bridge: 9/9.5
Rubber: 10
Extras: Bag

IMG_0768.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0771.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
View attachment 194075 View attachment 194076 View attachment 194077

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Nooooo! Don't give up! I believe you can change those lenses! lol, Or is this a different pair?

Username Hidden said:
Nooooo! Don't give up! I believe you can change those lenses! lol, Or is this a different pair?

It is this pair. The XMetal frame had Gold installed when I bought it. Tried more than once to remove and switch in the Black lenses but didn't have the knowledge or the nerve!

Thanks to advice from fellow members, including your good self, I was able to reunite the XMetal frame with the Black lens :)

Thanks so much for your help.

Username Hidden said:
It is this pair. The XMetal frame had Gold installed when I bought it. Tried more than once to remove and switch in the Black lenses but didn't have the knowledge or the nerve!

Thanks to advice from fellow members, including your good self, I was able to reunite the XMetal frame with the Black lens :)

Thanks so much for your help.
Congrats on your success man!

Thanks! Now hopefully someone who they suit will take them!

I love the mars. I am having the same trouble. I can't put my new lenses in. Don't want to tear up my frames. How did you get the clip on?

Username Hidden said:
I love the mars. I am having the same trouble. I can't put my new lenses in. Don't want to tear up my frames. How did you get the clip on?
Oh no, not again! lol Honestly, I just throw down a piece of Kleenex over the frame so the pliers don't contact/scratch the bottom of the orbital. Then I'm extra aware of where the pliers are contacting so they don't scratch the frame as they are closing the clip. Also, don't overtightened the clip. Close it a bit, if it is on well and the lenses are in tight no need to keep closing it. Leaving a small gap between the halves of the peg makes removing the clips MUCH easier down the road (I'm sure others will have a different opinion on all this but this is just what I do personally)... Just my $.02, Happy Halloween! :assassin:

Username Hidden said:
Oh no, not again! lol Honestly, I just throw down a piece of Kleenex over the frame so the pliers don't contact/scratch the bottom of the orbital. Then I'm extra aware of where the pliers are contacting so they don't scratch the frame as they are closing the clip. Also, don't overtightened the clip. Close it a bit, if it is on well and the lenses are in tight no need to keep closing it. Leaving a small gap between the halves of the peg makes removing the clips MUCH easier down the road (I'm sure others will have a different opinion on all this but this is just what I do personally)... Just my $.02, Happy Halloween! :assassin:
Good advice. And you can see I left a tiny sliver of gap between the two halves of the peg, in the picture of me wearing them.

Bump

Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.