• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Mars

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
I was ripped off by him once... not again. :oops:
He is Oakleyman1000 on eBay and I’m pretty sure he opened a new account and calls himself Oakleyman10000. When I asked him about it, he deleted the thread. Which I thought was strange. I’m sorry you got ripped off. I got ripped off by Trixie on eBay but at least I got a refund.

Some people reacted to this post.
People like that should be banned from this forum....and life!

Username Hidden said:
My bad. See above comment.

Username Hidden said:
+1

Username Hidden said:
He is Oakleyman1000 on eBay and I’m pretty sure he opened a new account and calls himself Oakleyman10000. When I asked him about it, he deleted the thread. Which I thought was strange. I’m sorry you got ripped off. I got ripped off by Trixie on eBay but at least I got a refund.
Let me clarify what I meant by "ripped off." It's not like I sent money, and never received a product. I sent money, and he sent me glasses. The part that made me feel ripped off is that the condition of the glasses was significantly worse than how he described them, even after I clarified specific points with him.

When you read “Very Good MINT condiction . Great condiction . No signs of wear. Your satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed," other than reallizing that English is not his first language, your expectations might be that the glasses are really nice, and good to go. They weren't. They needed new rubber, new orbital gaskets, and were missing temple washers. This all adds up. Even worse, the OEM lenses, which I was counting on, were supposed to be perfect, but were blemished. I should've returned them, but already started working on them, and didn't want to send a modified product back to him.

Luckily, the frames were solid, so now that spruced up the glasses, I'm really happy with them.

Ultimately, I wouldn't buy from him again because his prices are always too high, and his description of condiction appears to ne consistently overinflated.

BTW... for anyone who thinks I'm being insensitive about the whole English as a first or second language thing, I'm not. I've been teaching ESL students for 27 years now, and help people with their English all the time. I wrote him and explained the spelling of the word, and made it clear I was trying to help him. He politely thanked me for the clarification, and still spells the word wrong.

Username Hidden said:
People like that should be banned from this forum....and life!
I think as long as everyone knows that his prices are too high, and that his description of condition is frequently overstated, we could leave it at that. The price of his offerings seems to be a running joke around here. As buyers, we have a responsibility to ask our questions and make educated decisions; we just need to be extra careful with this seller.

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
Let me clarify what I meant by "ripped off." It's not like I sent money, and never received a product. I sent money, and he sent me glasses. The part that made me feel ripped off is that the condition of the glasses was significantly worse than how he described them, even after I clarified specific points with him.

When you read “Very Good MINT condiction . Great condiction . No signs of wear. Your satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed," other than reallizing that English is not his first language, your expectations might be that the glasses are really nice, and good to go. They weren't. They needed new rubber, new orbital gaskets, and were missing temple washers. This all adds up. Even worse, the OEM lenses, which I was counting on, were supposed to be perfect, but were blemished. I should've returned them, but already started working on them, and didn't want to send a modified product back to him.

Luckily, the frames were solid, so now that spruced up the glasses, I'm really happy with them.

Ultimately, I wouldn't buy from him again because his prices are always too high, and his description of condiction appears to ne consistently overinflated.

BTW... for anyone who thinks I'm being insensitive about the whole English as a first or second language thing, I'm not. I've been teaching ESL students for 27 years now, and help people with their English all the time. I wrote him and explained the spelling of the word, and made it clear I was trying to help him. He politely thanked me for the clarification, and still spells the word wrong.

I think as long as everyone knows that his prices are too high, and that his description of condition is frequently overstated, we could leave it at that. The price of his offerings seems to be a running joke around here. As buyers, we have a responsibility to ask our questions and make educated decisions; we just need to be extra careful with this seller.
Damn you danced with the devil as well?

Username Hidden said:

English not being his 1st language isn't your fault, totally his for not taking the time to accurately describe what he's selling. I would have requested a partial refund or sent them back (on his dime) if they were not as described.
Some of us here try to help/warn others from buying from certain members due to know issues with those members.

Still looking...
Username Hidden said:
English not being his 1st language isn't your fault, totally his for not taking the time to accurately describe what he's selling. I would have requested a partial refund or sent them back (on his dime) if they were not as described.
Some of us here try to help/warn others from buying from certain members due to know issues with those members.
I think we’re getting all the information out there about this seller. Caveat emptor.

Username Hidden said:

I feel you brother. I just made a trade/some cash for a XS and from the description of it being great, I figured I was going to be very happy. The frame was loose as hell, the finish was god awful, and the lenses that were “custom cut” must have been custom cut with someones two front teeth. I was in the same boat as you and sent them to @Bonz-1 to do me right and make it pretty, instead of going through the trouble of sending them back and all of that business. I’ll be happier this way anyway.

I bet @Bonz-1 will make them look special; any preview of the design concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.