• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars

Get one! Get it now! lol, jk, but seriously, one of my favorite pairs is my daily beater Mars Crater. It has aftermarket lenses (Linegear polarized red mirror lenses) because it is a beater and I'd never forgive myself for scratching an OEM lens (maybe a custom cut but with the untimely passing of the Big Taco- RIP we hardly knew thee- I'll just stick with the Linegear in that pair). Linegear makes all replacement parts needed for the Mars. You DO need a T6 if you plan on changing the earstem washers but otherwise its those damn c-clips (a ROYAL PITA) for the lenses. The Mars are small, decent coverage, but small! I have to wear a 15 T-shock or they will not fit on my face. They seriously rock though, I've never worn them and not had somebody comment. My wife hates them, think I look "silly" so for that reason alone I make them a core part of my rotation ;)
I bought them.

So, if I break the oem clip to put the new lenses in. Can I just clamp down the Linegear C Clip with one pair of neddle nose pliers? Or do I really need 2?

So, if I break the oem clip to put the new lenses in. Can I just clamp down the Linegear C Clip with one pair of neddle nose pliers? Or do I really need 2?
That is how I open the clips to make them big enough to go around the peg. For some reason the clips aren't open enough for me usually to get them on as-is.

Back