• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Materials quality - Not impressed

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
i have a ton of the older Holbrook's, I'm a collector and I freakin love them. A little while back I read a post on here in which the person said that they got a pair of new Holbrooks and they felt cheaper, like just a little less quality. I thought there was nothing to the complaint because many people said it was just texture diffrance. Hence a matte frame or crystal vs solid. Made sense.

Now I realize this person was right. There IS a difference. I'm have a VR46 BNIB gloss black frame and I compared it to another new standard gloss black frame. The Rossi's are solid crisp and more refined. The new stuff does feel cheaper and more brittle. They are lighter and have more of a plastic feel. I also noticed the cut out on the lens was rough inside one of the lower lense inserts. Had to remove the lense to pull plastic fragments trapped during manufacturing. Another thing. The microfiber bags on some of the newer stuff feels stiffer, gritty and thinner.

Dang, making me even more obsessed with getting the older stuff.

So basically I thinking that buying new product is over or I have to visually check them before I buy :confused: Oh well, still looking for plenty of the classic. Thank God for eBay and the Forum.

Back